34 Weeks
I went for my next check up November 20th. It had been two weeks since my last appointment. I was 34 weeks and 5 days. They hooked me up to the monitor because I went into preterm labor with Sumner at 34 weeks. Because I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions, they wanted to be safe. The monitor showed I was having pretty regular contractions. However, it was nothing more than what I had been feeling the last couple of weeks. He checked me and I was 1 cm and 50% effaced. Since I have been having these "contractions" for several weeks with only minimal change, Dr. Jordan wasn't very concerned. He said for me to continue on with my normal routine, and he would see me next week.
Anna Ruth must be going through a big growth spurt. I have been so hungry and my belly has really, really grown. I gained 3 lbs since my 32 week appointment two weeks ago bringing my total 17 pounds. I still feel very good. My latest craving is apples with peanut butter and Ritz crackers with melted cheese (YUM!!)
35 Weeks
I went for another check up November 27th. I was 35 weeks and 5 days. They hooked me up to the monitor again and my contractions were not as strong, but still present. He checked me again to make sure there was no change, and there was not. I was thankful. As ready as I am to meet her, I am aware she needs to stay put a little while longer. I also got him to check to make sure I wasn't leaking any. The night and morning before my appointment I felt like I might be. Thankfully, I was not. I guess she just keeps pushing on my bladder. I also had my Strep B test this week.
I gained another pound in the past week bringing my total to 18 pounds. That is something different between Anna Ruth and Sumner. When I was pregnant with Sumner I gained most of my weight at the beginning and didn't gain any at the end. This time I gained little at the beginning and am gaining more at the end. She is also a lot rounder around my middle where as Sumner was high and I carried him out front. Other than that, these two pregnancies have been almost identical. I am feeling really good! I am also looking forward to Thanksgiving lunch! This pregnant lady has a big appetite!
36 Weeks
Matthew and I went for my next appointment on December 4th. I was 36 weeks and 5 days. It was a normal check-up... urine, blood pressure, weight, heart beat and contraction monitor, measure my stomach. Besides the normal things on the check-up agenda, he also performed another ultrasound to check the placenta and weight of baby. Everything looked great. He did not check my cervix this time. I was having contractions but since I was nearly 37 weeks and the contractions were not causing me pain, he wasn't concerned with them. According to the ultrasound, her estimated weight was 6 lbs 8 ounces. Of course this can be off, but it was 2 pounds more than she was three weeks ago. I figured she had grown because my stomach SURE HAS. A shirt I was able to wear two weeks ago barley covers my belly now! My weight had not changed since last week, but I feel like I probably gained a pound or two, but the day before my appointment I had a touch of a stomach bug which probably caused me to loose it. We scheduled the ultrasound this week and when we go back next week we will schedule my pre-op stuff. The lady who set it up said more than likely I will have the c-section at 12:00 that day because he had another procedure earlier that day. I cannot believe we are getting so close to meeting her. Only 2 weeks left!
37 Weeks
My next appointment was on December 11th. I was 37 weeks and 5 days. This appointment went by quickly. I was in and out in 30 minutes which is just about unheard of. I did all the normal things... urine, blood pressure, weight, heartbeat, and contraction monitor. He said everything looked great. I gained one pound since my last appointment bringing my total to 19 lbs so far. He wants me to come back next Wednesday for my final appointment. I will also go to the hospital that day to do my pre-op stuff. Two changes took place over the past week leading up to this appointment. First, I turned 28! Second, my c-section date moved from the 20th to the 19th because Dr. Jordan would be out of town on the 20th. A friend of mine also threw Anna Ruth and I a baby "sprinkle". We got a lot of nice things. I cannot wait to meet sweet Anna Ruth.
38 and 39 Weeks
By the end of my 39th week I had gained a total of 20 pounds. I had to stop working December 16th because there was an outbreak of fifths disease at my school and it is very dangerous to be exposes when pregnant so I had a few extra days at home to spend with Sumner... And I thank God for that time.
No comments:
Post a Comment