Verse

Verse

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

18 Months Old

Sumner has met another milestone. He is now a year and a half old.  I cannot believe half of a year has passed since his birthday.  I sure do hope the next half of this year slows down a bit.  I don't like my baby growing up!  

Unfortunately this month Sumner has kept a bad cold and ear infection.  In fact the ear infection he had last month never went away.  When I took him back to have his ears re-checked she said the left ear was bulging and she felt like it would rupture (thankfully it didn't.)  So, she put him on a different (stronger) antibiotic.  The day he stopped the antibiotic he started running another fever so Matthew took him back to the doctor.  She said his ear infection was still pretty bad so she gave him a shot, told Matthew to bring him the next day to get another shot, and she also referred us to an ear, nose, and throat doctor.  We met with the ent doctor, Dr. Aldridge, Wednesday and he scheduled him for tubes the next day (December 5).  The surgery went well.  The hardest part was having the nurses take him from me and seeing Sumner look back at us, reaching for us, and looking so scared.  It tore me apart.  Thankfully, the surgery lasted 10 minutes and they called me back as soon as they woke him up.  Boy, was he ill! He didn't like the nurses one bit.  We had to stay for one hour after he woke up to make sure everything was ok.  We left the hospital at 9:30.  Once we got home Sumner was back to his old self.  It was as if nothing had ever happened.  He ate, and ate, and ate.  He also played hard.  He didn't act tired until around 2:00 so I laid him down for a nap and he slept about 2 hours.  The rest of the day he continued to do well. The days to follow he became more and more energetic.  He was back to the old Sumner.  Getting tubes was the best thing ever!

What's New? 
  • Sumner got 3 teeth this month (2 on top, one on bottom). Now he has 7 total!
  • Sumner has started going to the pantry and refrigerator requesting food.. all the time
  • Says "banana" 
  • Puts dishes in the sink (I promise I did not purposefully teach him this... just a simple case of monkey see-monkey do!)
  • Loves grapes about as much as bananas
  • Likes hats
  • Not a fan of Santa








Dear Sumner, 
 I am so glad you are feeling better now that we got your ears fixed.  It is so nice having my happy baby boy back.  I praise God for allowing everything to go well with your first (and hopefully last) surgery.  It is so nice seeing your appetite and personality come back.  I love you more than you will ever know. I do have one request, though... Please stop growing up so fast!! :)
I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment