Verse

Verse

Friday, November 8, 2013

17 Months Old

One more month and Sumner will be a year and a half old.  The thought of that is very scary because the time between his year birthday seems like it happened in a flash.  It really just keeps getting faster and faster.  As much as I hate him growing up so fast, I will say, the mommy thing just keeps getting better and better.  Every day his personality grows and grows and it is so much fun.

Sumner has had a rough month.  It started out with a bad virus consisting of a high fever (102) and diarrhea, which caused him to have the worse diaper rash I have ever seen.  The virus lasted nearly 2 weeks.  It was awful.  Then he had about a week and a half of feeling good before he got an ear infection and a terrible cold which also caused him to run a very high fever (103).  We went to the doctor three times for his virus and twice for his ear infection.... I felt like I worked up there I was there so much.  Then, a few days after his ear infection was beginning to clear up, he got a hold of my flat iron and burned his little hand pretty bad.  I felt terrible.  We didn't have to go to the doctor for the burn.  Instead, she called him in an ointment.  Thankfully, the burn wasn't as bad as I thought, and it didn't blister.
When he had the virus, the doctor told us to let him go without a diaper, so a few times a day we would let him from free under our porch!

Look at that tooshie!

First day of ear infection


Sumner has been many places this month including our family trip to Chattanooga TN, Rutland's Pumpkin Patch,  and "The Bump" in Valdosta to see his baby sister in 4-D.

New "Likes": Mickey Mouse his his new best friend, feeding himself with a spoon (when I am brave enough to let him.  He does okay, but still hasn't gotten it down pat yet), climbing on the couch and any other furniture he can pull himself on, brushing his teeth, trash cans (ewww!), daddy (of course he always loved him but this month he has really gotten attached to him)


Watching Mickey Mouse

Basics: 26 lbs, 4 teeth, size 4 diapers, size 18 month clothes (some getting snug), sleeps 7:30-7:00 and one nap a day, favorite food=banana

Accomplishment: Folds his hands to pray all by himself and keeps them folder until we say "amen", and then in his own language he echos "AMEN"!

Dear Sumner,
Despite you being so sick this month, I still enjoyed the time we spent together.  I hate when you don't feel good but I love being able to take care of you and give you extra cuddles, love, and attention.  You are such a sweet and adorable little boy and I love you more than you will EVER know! 

I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment