Why do I even bother buying toys? In the past month Sumner has gotten two teeth (top)... Poor baby! He hasn't been fussy with them, but he has had an upset tummy all month which has led to a diaper rash which I guess is probably caused by teething.
Sumner's schedule hasn't changed lately. He gets up at 7, goes to bed by 8, and takes one nap a day (around 1-3). Matthew jokingly asked me one day "I wonder how old he will be before he starts sleeping past 8 am?" Who knows!? It would be nice, but I am counting my blessings because at least he does sleep all night and he sleeps in his own bed. That is more than most people can say with babies this age. He continues to be the sweetest, easiest, and pleasant baby I have ever seen. As long as he is entertained (which it is super easy to keep him entertained), he is well behaved everywhere we go. Whether it be a restaurant, car dealership for 5+ hours, grandparents house all day, grocery store, or riding in the car, he is so happy and pleasant. Matthew and I are very thankful. The little attitude he found last month has gone away for the time being, too! Another thing to be thankful for! In general is his just a happy happy happy little boy!
Sumner continues to surprise me daily with how smart and observant he is. He must watch every single thing we do because he copies it all. He is a problem solver too. He can get himself into messes and I try not to go save him immediately and instead let him figure his way out. He may get a little frustrated, but eventually figures it out and learns from it. Also, not only is he a dancer, but now he is a singer, too! Whenever he hears someone singing he immediately begins dancing and singing along with them. Of course he isn't saying the right words but he at least tries to move his mouth and mimic the person singing and makes a soft lalalalala sound. I have got to get it on video because it is the cutest thing EVER!
Sumner is learning new words daily. Though they may not always be clear, he definitely is trying to speak his mind. His favorite words now has changed from being "Champ" to "Car" or "Cup". He must love the letter C. He is also getting very good at communicating without words. For instance he comes and gets me and points me in the direction he wants me to go. If that doesn't work a nice loud grunt is another way to get our attention!
Dear Sumner,
I can't tell you enough how loved and special you are. It's hard to believe I love you more this month than I did last month and even harder to believe I will love you more next month than I do now. It is crazy how each and every day our bond grows stronger and stronger. I pray everyday for God to help your daddy and I make the right decisions regarding your life and that we will always have a close relationship. Thank you for making my life better than I ever imagined it could be. I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mama
Sumner is learning new words daily. Though they may not always be clear, he definitely is trying to speak his mind. His favorite words now has changed from being "Champ" to "Car" or "Cup". He must love the letter C. He is also getting very good at communicating without words. For instance he comes and gets me and points me in the direction he wants me to go. If that doesn't work a nice loud grunt is another way to get our attention!
Dear Sumner,
I can't tell you enough how loved and special you are. It's hard to believe I love you more this month than I did last month and even harder to believe I will love you more next month than I do now. It is crazy how each and every day our bond grows stronger and stronger. I pray everyday for God to help your daddy and I make the right decisions regarding your life and that we will always have a close relationship. Thank you for making my life better than I ever imagined it could be. I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment