Verse

Verse

Monday, May 11, 2020

Mother's Day 2020

This has been the most special and relaxing Mother's Day I have ever had. I will cherish the memories for as long as I live.

I woke up Sunday morning to the kids excitedly wishing me a Happy Mother's Day.  Abigail made me smile because as Matthew was trying to teach her to say "Happy Mother's Day" she said "I c-aint" "I c-aint say happy" LOL!

Matthew and the kids asked me to close my eyes as they led me outside to show me my gift.  I opened my eyes to find a beautiful picnic table made by Matthew and Sumner.  I also had one large clay pot with all three kids' handprints around it as well as 3 individual ones from each of them.







As for the picnic table, I casually mentioned to Matthew that it would be nice to have one in the shade so we would have somewhere to eat lunch outside when we had picnics (which has been daily) instead of eating on a blanket.  If we eat outside for dinner, the deck is cool and not directly in the sun.  However, it is directly in the hot sun during lunchtime which is why we find a shady place in the yard and picnic on a blanket. Little did I know my casual comment sparked an idea in Matthew's head and he made a gift for me that is absolutely priceless!

Another special thing Matthew did for me was he made a handprint/footprint craft with Anna Ruth.  This was also very thoughtful because he remembered how much the one Sumner made for me meant to me when he was in kindergarten with Mrs. Debbie.  I looked forward to getting one from Anna Ruth this year, but due to school closing because of the virus, Anna Ruth wouldn't get to.  I cannot believe all the time and work he went into making this.  He said this was more difficult than the picnic table. Lets just say his appreciation for all the teacher made gifts has gone WAY up after all of this! :)

Afterwards we had virtual church and Sunday school.  Once church was over we went to Matthew's parents house for lunch.  Mrs. Latrelle's lunch is a HUGE treat in itself!  We spent the afternoon over there just relaxing and spending time together.  It is so nice to just be able to be with one another and enjoy each other.


That night we had a family junk night (most people would refer to this as a movie night).  We watched Monsters Inc. and ate popcorn and cookies!

Since I did not see my mama on Mother's Day, she came over the next day and we had another wonderful day.  She played with the kids, had another movie/junk night, made a cookie cake, went fishing, rode the ranger, and just made memories.



I am so blessed for all the love I have in my life! I can't thank God enough! I pray for many more years just like this!


No comments:

Post a Comment