Verse

Verse

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Summer Break 2018


My favorite season is summer and my reason for that is because summer means no schedule and more time with my family.  As a result, I am much happier because my favorite thing to do is be with my kids.  It doesn’t matter if it’s making their breakfast and not having to rush out the door, going to the pool, or just running errands as long as I'm with you.  Summer break is the best.   

We had a wonderful summer this year.  First of all, it was Abigail’s first summer! Oh, what a trooper she is! She hangs with the best of them, and really seems to enjoy it!

This summer break we:
  • Had Abigail’s Baby Dedication at church
  • Anna Ruth had her first ballet recital
  • Went to the movies (Abigail’s first time “Trolls”)
  • Celebrated my granddaddy’s 90th birthday and Matthew's grandma's 86th birthday
  • Went to Wild Adventures
  • Had a lot of tea parties
  • Went bowling
  • Went to VBS
  • Built a lot of stuff with blocks, tinker toys, and most importantly TAPE!
  • Made lots of crafts (discovered shrink-a-dinks)
  • Went to St. Simons
  • Went to Orlando for the Cattleman Convention
  • Took a lot of weekend trips to the lake


Our home addition/remodel is still in progress (started in December, moved out in February, hopefully we'll be in by Christmas) so we did not have our big yard to play in all summer.  Instead, we bought the kids an above group pool so they would have something to do and that was the best $200 we ever spent.  It was a 3ft deep pool so the kids could swim underwater but still stand.  Being able to swim and stand when they needed to really built their confidence and as a result they both became awesome swimmers.

Sumner tapped everything all summer.  It’s amazing what a creative mind can do with tape!  He’s going to have a hard time adjusting when we move back home once it is done and he isn’t allowed to tape everything on the walls.  Currently he has a zip line made of tape hanging from one wall in his room to the other. 

Anna Ruth developed a few fears…. She is terrified of thunder and the water overflowing in the bathroom. Haha! As far as the thunder goes, every time we go outside she looks around to inspect the clouds. If she sees anything resembling a thunder cloud, she panics.  About the water… She can hear me turn on the bath water from the other end of the house! Once she hears it, she stops whatever she is doing and rushes to make sure it isn’t getting too high.  It sounds funny, but it really is something that she worries about for some reason.  I can’t tell you how many times I have come into the bathroom expecting the tub to be full to find an inch of water and the water turned off!

It makes me sad to see another summer come and go. I have to stop myself from getting too upset thinking about what changes and how much bigger the kids will be next summer.  So instead of getting sad I just change my thinking to “how much fun we’re going to have this fall, Thanksgiving, and Christmas!”

Sumner started “real” school Monday, August 13th.  I cried and cried like someone had died.  That’s ridiculous, I know. But thankfully he liked it more and more each day. He is at a wonderful school and has a wonderful teacher.  It’s going to be a great year for him! I can’t wait to get involved in the PTO and anything else I can do at the school!

Anna Ruth starts Pre-K Monday August 20th.  She will be at Northside Weekday (our church). She is going to have a wonderful year, too! We love her teachers and she has a lot of friends in the class with her!

Dear Sumner, Anna Ruth, and Abigail,
I love you so much.  I love being your mama. I love spending my summers (and all my time) with you. I hope when you look back at your childhood you will smile thinking of all the fun times we shared. As we begin a new “season” in life, starting back to school, I pray God will protect you spiritually, physically, and mentally.  I pray that you always have strong Christian friends to surround you. I pray your teachers will love you in my absence, and when they do have to discipline, they will do so in love.  I pray for your salvation and that your heart always strives to follow God’s will and you will always hear His voice and let Him guide you.  And to my sweet Abigail, although you are too little to go to school, I still pray these things for you and your future.
I love you all as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mama

















No comments:

Post a Comment