Verse

Verse

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Abigail is 5 Months Old



“Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different?”
This is how I feel right now as I look at the past 4 months of monthly picture, plus this new one. Abigail is the sweetest and happiest baby. She is growing and becoming more and more fun each day. We could not possibly love her more! She has our hearts!!

Well, it isn’t just me that gets emotional about Abigail growing up.  Every month when it is time to change the number in the picture frame, both of the kids tell me it makes them sad and they “miss the day Abigail was born.” I have to remind them (and mostly myself) that the best is yet to come! It won’t be long before she is crawling, then walking, and eventually joining in on all of their fun!

I have had several people ask me if Sumner and Anna Ruth are still as “interested” in Abigail as they were when she was first born and my answer is always “yes!” They are still as in love with her as they were the day we brought her home.  When they wake up in the morning, the first thing they do is go to find her and tell her good morning.  They kiss her and play with her and ask me to bring her into the kitchen so she can watch them eat breakfast. They love to talk to her and make her laugh.  They kiss her and sing to her all the time.  Abigail is so blessed to have the best brother and sister in the world.  She is so loved. 

I am especially thankful that Anna Ruth has not been jealous of her.  I really prayed about that before Abigail was born because Anna Ruth has always been so attached to me.  Even at the age of four she loves for me to carry her and let her lay on my stomach when she tries to go to sleep.  I didn’t know how she would react to seeing someone else get my attention.  It brings so much joy to my heart that she doesn’t have those jealous feelings whatsoever. When she sees me rocking Abigail, she smiles and comes to give her a kiss on the head. 

I have not taken Abigail for her 4 month wellness visit yet…. I had it scheduled two different times, and I had to reschedule both times.  I am going next week.  So, I do not know exactly how tall she is or how much she weighs.  I can tell you she sure is getting strong! Abigail loves to sit up.  She sits up on her own and holds herself up for several seconds at a time.  When I set her up in the sitting position she can sit without any support for several seconds.  Eventually she leans forward to prop up on her hands, and then falls over.  She still doesn’t roll a lot because honestly she doesn’t get put down a lot.  Even when she sleeps she sleeps in the rock and play, swaddled from the chest down or in the zipadee zip.  She has rolled from the stomach to back and back to stomach several times.  The first time was on 7/5. I was putting clothes from the washer to the dryer and put her down on her back on a pallet in the playroom.  When I walked back in the playroom she was on her stomach.  Before I could blink, she flipped back over to her back. I can’t use the Nap Nanny anymore because she has also rolled out of it.  I do not put the Nap Nanny on elevated surfaces or leave her in it unattended because I always worried something would happen. I am glad I was always cautious of that or else something really bad could have happened.  The time she did roll out of it was when I had her in the bathroom with me while I was getting ready.  She was on the floor beside me and I heard her fuss so I looked down and saw her doing a push-up on the floor.  Her legs were still in the Nap Nanny but the rest of her body was face down on the floor.  She didn’t get hurt at all because she was on the floor and I was right here to pick her up.  Regardless, we are done with the Nap Nanny until she is big enough to walk so she can use it as a little chair to watch TV in. We bought her a new chair to sit in that has little toys she can play with, and she loves it!!!

Abigail has really found her voice! She “talks” more than any of my children ever have. 

Abigail still sleeps in our room and I absolutely love waking up to her smiling! She is so happy first thing in the morning.

Abigail's schedule really hasn't changed much since last month.  She is still such an easy going baby!

Everywhere we go people tell me she looks like a real life baby doll and they all remark on how much hair she has.  I cannot believe how long her hair is getting.  It also gets curlier and curlier as each day passes!


Dear Abigail,
I cannot believe you are one month shy of being half of a year old! Time is going back so much faster with you than it did with Sumner and Anna Ruth (and I just thought it flew by with them!) Like I said before, you are so loved! I wish there was a way I could record every little thing Sumner, Anna Ruth, Daddy, Papa, YaYa, Top, and DD do to love on you.  Your little smile is contagious! You still remind me so much of Sumner when he was a baby.  He always loved to be walked around so he could look and study everything, and you are the same way.  Your little eyes are always moving from place to place and you stretch your little neck around as far as it will go to see what is going on.  You are a curious one for sure! I cannot wait to see how your personality unfolds, but I am not is any hurry! :) I love you, Abigail! As high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mama



















No comments:

Post a Comment