Our Greatest Blessing Part 3
Daddy and I found out we were going to have another baby on June 23rd. Just like the previous two, I
don’t have a very glamorous story to tell of how we found out. I can be a little impatient so the moment I
start suspecting I could be pregnant is the moment I have to get a test to find
out. This time we were in Orlando for
the Cattleman’s Convention. I realized a
few days after we got there I was “late”.
I told Matthew but he wasn’t too concerned and thought I had my
calculations wrong. Three days later when
I still hadn’t started I asked him to go to a pharmacy so we could get a test,
and we did. When we got back to our
hotel I took the test and was shocked to see it was positive. I know, I know…. I shouldn’t be shocked about
these things, but I am every time!
Matthew was so excited! I wish I could have recorded his face. We immediately prayed for the baby and have
continued to pray every day since!
Below are the details about Baby P #3 throughout the
pregnancy!
- - June 23rd: Positive pregnancy test- felt great
- About two weeks later after finding out we were expecting the pregnancy symptoms started (very, very, very thirsty, tired, nauseated, upset stomach)
- 6 Weeks: First doctor’s appointment: I had a strange feeling a week or two leading up to this appointment that I was carrying twins. Maybe it was because I had never, ever, ever been sick like this with my previous pregnancies or maybe it was some sort of maternal instinct, but I had a feeling I was having twins. I had never thought this before with my previous pregnancies either. When we went to the appointment they told me I was 6 weeks and 6 days along, and that it had been twins. Sadly, there was only one heartbeat (125 bpm). They called it “vanishing twins”. They wanted to see me back in two weeks to do another ultrasound just to be sure the other baby still didn’t have a heartbeat since the first ultrasound was done so early. Still feeling sick. Instead of morning sickness it is afternoon/evening sickness. I feel great in the morning but sometime after lunch it slowly starts to creep up on me.
- 9 Weeks: Follow-up ultrasound: The ultrasound only showed one sac, but the other baby’s heartbeat was very strong (175). No sign of sickness slacking up anytime soon.
- 10 weeks: I had my genetic blood work done at the hospital. The basic stuff that could be tested at the hospital came back normal (thank-you, Lord) but the genetic (and gender) testing which had to be sent off took two weeks to come back. Two weeks later the doctor’s office called to let me know there was an error and they were unable to do the tests. I have to go back at my next appointment (13 weeks) and they will re-do it. Sickness may be easing up some. It starts later in the afternoon, too. I was also able to pick up the baby’s heartbeat on the Doppler I have at home. It is usually around 165-177 bpm.
- 13 Weeks: I had an appointment with Dr. Price. I had an ultrasound and the lady who did the ultrasound said everything looked good. She said it was early, but from what she could tell, she thought the baby was a girl. We will have to wait until the blood work comes back to know for sure. The heartbeat was 150 bpm. The nausea and fatigue are getting SO much better! I still have an occasional spell, but nothing major!
- August 30th: We got the blood work back and found out we were having a girl! We are so excited! It took a little convincing for Sumner because he had his heart set on a boy. He told us thought since it was a girl, that it wouldn't be his baby and it would just be Anna Ruth's. Once we explained it didn't matter if the baby was a girl or a boy, that the baby would be all of ours, he was happy! To find out the gender, I asked the nurse to write it down and stick it in an envelope. I gave the envelope to Uncle Walter and told him to open it and if it was a girl to wrap up the girl teddy bear and if it was a boy to wrap up the boy teddy bear. We let Sumner and Anna Ruth open the bag as Matthew videotaped. The four of us got to find out together we would be getting another precious baby girl! These teddy bears have been used for each of you to announce the gender
- 17 Weeks: I had an appointment with Dr. Price. I did not have an ultrasound. The nurse checked the heart beat (145 bpm). I am feeling great, The only issue I am having is that I am very constipated. Dr. Price told me a few things to try in order to get some relief. I know constipation is common with pregnancy, and I had it with Sumner and Anna Ruth, too. However, this time it is severe! My stomach is growing so much faster than it did with Anna Ruth and it is way bigger than it was this time with Sumner. I am sure it's a combination between the third baby as well as I am hungry all the time. I work from home so it's easy to snack, so that doesn't help either. The baby has been moving the past couple of weeks and it get stronger and stronger every day. Sumner and Anna Ruth love the baby. They talk to my belly all the time and never go to sleep without telling her goodnight and giving her a kiss.
- 21 Weeks: I had an appointment with Dr. Price. This was a long visit because I had the anatomy ultrasound as well as my glucose test. Both the ultrasound and the glucose test were perfect. According to the ultrasound, Abigail (yes, we have a name) was right on the marker for every single measurement. She is at the 50th percentile for everything except the head circumference and abdomen. Sumner also had a small head circumference, too, even as a he grew into toddler-hood. As far as the glucose test, I passed it, too!! As I mentioned earlier, we have a name... Abigail Grace Palmer. I have always liked the name Abigail. One because I think it is pretty, two because I love the story of Abigail in the Bible, and three because Abigail means "Father's joy." I feel Abigail moving all the time. She is much lower than I remember Anna Ruth or Sumner being. Not only does my baby bump appear to be lower, I feel her kick way down low (like at my pubic bone.) Sumner and Anna Ruth are already so in love with her. They pray for her all the time, talk about her all the time, talk to her all the time, and tell her good-night before bed every single night. We are all so excited to meet our new baby girl! We love you so much already, Abigail!
- 25 Weeks: We had a good visit. We did not have an ultrasound this time so it was pretty short and sweet. Dr. Price measured my growing tummy and listened to her heartbeat and said everything looked great. I told her I was feeling Abigail move very, very low down in my pelvic region and questioned the reason for that. She felt around and said she is laying sideways, with her legs hanging low. This could be a problem if I wasn't already scheduled for a c-section, but since I will be having another c-section it shouldn't be a big deal. It is crazy how low I am carrying her compared to how I carried Sumner and Anna Ruth, She is LOW! I go back in one month, and they will do another glucose test (since the first one was done so early) and after that appointment I will start going every two weeks! Man, time is flying! For once (since my children have been born) I am embracing the speeding time because I am so excited to meet Abigail. She is loved so much already. I know I have mentioned it before, but Sumner and Anna Ruth act as if she is already here with us. They talk about her several times a day and continue to kiss her goodnight before bed each night. They also never forget to pray for her when we say our prayers. Anna Ruth tells me on a regular basis "You know who I love? You and Abigail!" or she'll say "You are my beesssssttt friend... You and Abigail!"
- 29 Weeks: We had another good check-up. I did not have an ultrasound, but I did have the glucose test done again. I passed! I go back in three weeks for my next appointment and will have a growth ultrasound done. However, I also scheduled a 4D ultrasound (which is just a "for fun" ultrasound) next week. We plan to invite grandparents to come and see, too! I am feeling her move a LOT! Not only does she move a lot, but she is powerful. She really hurts a lot of the time. I am beginning to have Braxton Hicks contractions and pressure (especially at night.) I cannot believe how fast these weeks are passing. I am so excited to meet her I can hardly wait!!
- 30 Weeks: We went for a 4D ultrasound. Yaya, Top, DD, Daddy, Sumner, and Anna Ruth were all able to see you! You did so good and looked so perfect and beautiful! We got a lot of awesome pictures and had the best time watching you move and yawn. You like to keep your hands in front of your face and we even saw you rub your sleepy little eyes! We cannot wait to meet you in person, Abigail! You are loved so much already!
- 32 Weeks: I went back for a check-up with Dr. Price. She did a growth ultrasound so we got to get another chance to see Abigail. According to the measurements, she had grown another pound since the 4D ultrasound two weeks earlier. She was measuring right on track in every possible way, praise The Lord. We talked about when I would have my c-section, and chose February 22nd, which is Yaya's birthday, so it will make the day even more special. My due date is actually February 27th, but since I have to have a c-section, I have to schedule it a week or so ahead. Abigail is still moving A LOT. Not only is she moving a lot, she is VERY strong. She kicks much harder and her siblings ever did. At night she is very active, and lately she has been having hiccups at night, too. Mama and Daddy are getting everything ready for Abigail's soon to be arrival! We have everything washed, clean, folded, and put away. I have bought a few new outfits, burp cloths, bibs, a diaper bag, a baby book, a personalized wipe container, socks, towels, and baby soap. We are so excited to meet her!
- 34 Weeks: I went back for another check-up with Dr. Price. This was a quick visit. She checked my urine, blood pressure, weight, heart beat, and how big my stomach was. She said everything looked perfect! She said I will come back in two weeks (and will do a growth ultrasound), and after that I will come back every week until Abigail comes. It is hard to believe I am so close to meeting her! As of today, I have gained 18 pounds. I am feeling pretty good. Abigail is very active at night so that can be a little uncomfortable. Other than that, I feel great! Especially during the day... There are times I forget I am even pregnant because I feel so good and have so much energy. I pray I will keep all this energy for when I will really need it after she is born!
- 36 Weeks: At my 36 week appointment I had another ultrasound. She measured Abigail and said everything looked perfect. She predicted her to be 6 lbs and in the 43rd percentile. Her heartbeat was 155 bpm. We are getting closer and closer to meeting our sweet baby girl! I go back weekly from now on.
- Week 37: Before my appointment I noticed I was bleeding just a touch after my shower. I said something to Dr. Price, but since it was just a little bit and wasn't doing it anymore, she wasn't concerned. She said if it happened again to let her know. After lunch it did it again so I went back to her office. She did an ultrasound to check for any problems and didn't see anything. Next, she hooked me to the monitor. It showed I was having contractions. I explained I have been having contractions like that for weeks but they didn't cause me to go into labor. She wanted me to go spend the night in the hospital one night for observation just in case. She said if I had any more bleeding she would have to go ahead and do the c-section. Thankfully that did not happen and I was able to go home the next morning with instructions for take it easy.
- Weeks 38-39: I went both weeks for quick check-ups. Everything looked great!
Abigail's Birthday!
To God be the Glory
Abigail (Father's Joy) Grace Palmer
Born February 22, 2018 at 8:11 AM
6 lbs 11 oz
19 inches long
My precious baby girl was born safely and she is healthy, and I cannot thank God enough! Abigail, you are loved more than you could ever possibly know. You have been loved since the day we knew you would be coming. Not only by your mama and daddy, but equally by your big brother and sister! We are over the moon that you are here with us now. We cannot wait to see what God has in store for your precious life. I have been praying and will continue to pray every single day that God will be with you and that you will follow him.
You were born via c-section. They were able to successfully give me a spinal block (instead of having to do general anesthesia) so I was able to really see you being born and hear your first sweet cry.
When you were born you accidentally swallowed amniotic fluid, so I was only able to hold you for a few minutes before they took you to the nursery to help get some of the fluid up. Thankfully you were only back there for a little over an hour, and they brought you to me for skin to skin. I loved holding you close. Soon afterwards I was able to nurse you for the first time and you latched on so easily, which was another answer to prayers.
We stayed in the hospital for 3 days. They were going to let you come home after 2 days, but you were very sleepy and had not nursed very well because I could not get you to wake up. As as result you lost 9 oz which was 9% of your birth weight. I told the doctor I would prefer to stay one more night since it would be Monday before you could go see your pediatrician.
When we got home, your brother and sister had made banners and hung them around the house. They were so excited. Both of them could not wait to hold you. They are both so good with you and want to be involved in every little thing. They are both especially good at helping me change your diapers! :)
You have been a sleepy head your first week, worrying mama like crazy. You sleep all day, so I try my best to get you awake to eat and "play" for a few minutes. So far, I am not having much luck. I know in time it will all work itself out. You big sister, Anna Ruth was the same way when she was a baby and she turned out just perfect, and you will too!
I love you, Abigail and I cannot wait to watch you grow and make amazing memories together!
I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mama
When we got home, your brother and sister had made banners and hung them around the house. They were so excited. Both of them could not wait to hold you. They are both so good with you and want to be involved in every little thing. They are both especially good at helping me change your diapers! :)
You have been a sleepy head your first week, worrying mama like crazy. You sleep all day, so I try my best to get you awake to eat and "play" for a few minutes. So far, I am not having much luck. I know in time it will all work itself out. You big sister, Anna Ruth was the same way when she was a baby and she turned out just perfect, and you will too!
I love you, Abigail and I cannot wait to watch you grow and make amazing memories together!
I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mama





















No comments:
Post a Comment