Verse

Verse

Monday, August 21, 2017

Sumner starts Kindergarten and Anna Ruth starts 3-K

Sumner starts Kindergarten and Anna Ruth starts 3-K
The first day of school was supposed to be Wednesday, August 9th. However, Sumner was in the hospital because he had cellulitis.  We first noticed his arm swelling after church that Sunday but didn’t think much of it at first.  As the day went out it got worse and worse.  By the end of day it was swollen, hot, and tight all the way to his shoulder.  We took him to the ER and they admitted him.  We stayed until Wednesday and were sent home with a prescription for oral antibiotics.  The entire time in the hospital he never complained about it hurting and acted like his usual active self. 

Because you had been in the hospital, Sumner, your first day of Kindergarten was Thursday, August 10th.  Your teachers’ names are Mrs. Debbie Thompson and Mrs. Kit Brown.  You are only going half of a day (8:30-12:30). Mrs. Debbie is an amazing teacher and has a reputation for really getting her students to read at a higher level.   She starts promptly at 8:30 each day so we drop you off around 8:20.  She keeps you working all morning and then you go out to recess the last 30 minutes of the day. 

After your first day, you were not too thrilled.  You said you didn’t get to play as much or have any centers like you did in Pre-K.  I explained to you that if you went to public school like your friends you would have to stay at school a lot longer.  At Northside, you are lucky because you get to leave at lunch, go home and eat with me and Sissy, or even go to DQ with Top and Yaya.  Then you also get to play all afternoon while Sissy takes a nap and your other friends are still in school.  This seemed to make you feel a  lot better.  Plus, the days to follow y’all really got into learning all sorts of new things, and you LOVE to learn.  I haven’t heard another peep out of you not liking kindergarten, instead you love it!

Mrs. Debbie and Mrs. Kit have both bragged on how smart and sweet you are.  They say you are doing great!  Mrs. Debbie said you like to talk a lot, but then she added “he knows all the answers, so it’s alright!”

Anna Ruth, you only go to school Monday, Wednesday, and Friday so your first day was August 11th.  You were not scared a bit when we walked you to your class.  In fact, I am pretty sure you didn’t even tell us bye.  Once you saw the baby doll and high chair, you could care less about us.
Your teachers are Mrs. Caroline Dalton and Mrs. Johnna Story.  They are so sweet and already love you to pieces!

You had a lot of friends from your class last year in your new class.  Every day when I ask you who you played with you say “Parker and Ava, that’s it!” You also tell me it’s too hot on the playground to play so you sit with the grownups (prissy, prissy!)

Dear Sumner and Anna Ruth,

I love you both so much.  I am praying diligently for y’all to have a wonderful year, learn more about Jesus, and make a lot of sweet, Christian friends.  I pray about your future school and friends a lot too.  I pray God will give me and daddy wisdom to make the right decisions. I am so thankful for Northside and the sweet school they provide.  I hope y’all have a wonderful year! I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment