Verse

Verse

Friday, December 19, 2014

Anna Ruth's First BirthDAY! 12-19-14

For the past week, I have been replaying the events of last year in my mind.  On the actual  birthday, I replayed hour by hour what I had done at that exact hour last year.  It seems so crazy to me that it has been an entire year since Anna Ruth came into this world.  I looked through tons of pictures on her birthday, of the past year.  I cannot believe she was ever so small, or that she has changed so much.  This time last year, it was impossible for me to imagine how sweet, loving, busy, and brave she would be in such a short amount of time.

On her actual birthday, Anna Ruth was sick with the flu. :( It hit our family Tuesday with Sumner.  Anna Ruth stated getting sick early Thursday morning.  Despite being sick, we still made her birthday as special as possible.

She slept for most of the day and let me hold her a lot.  Later that evening, we had a small family party for her.  Poppie, YaYa, DD, and Walter came over.  We ate pizza and had cake.  Anna Ruth (or should I say Sumner) opened her gifts and we sang happy birthday.  Anna Ruth and Sumner were actually feeling pretty good.  We all had a wonderful time celebrating the birth of our sweet "Sissy."

Anna Ruth is probably so confused about what her name is because half the time we call her "Sissy Bell." If fact, when we sang Happy Birthday to her, we all sang "Happy Birthday to Sissy" without even planning it!

For her first birthday Anna Ruth received a play Kitchen from mommy and daddy.  She received a play cell from Bubba (Sumner-he is confused about his name, too!) She also received a table and chair set from YaYa and Poppie as well as a beautiful baby doll from DD.

I am so thankful Anna Ruth gets to grow up living so close to her family, who loves her so much.  Our children (as well as Matthew and I) are EXTREMELY blessed with love, that is for sure!

Happy Birthday Anna Ruth!
We love you more than you will ever know!
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday Dear Sissy.
Happy Birthday to you!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment