Verse

Verse

Friday, December 19, 2014

Anna Ruth is 1 Year Old

How is it possible that my newborn is already 12 months old? Oh my, I wish time would SLOW down.  It is passing by too quickly for this mama!

This month has been full of sickness it seems.  Our family has had terrible sinus infections, and now the flu!  Hopefully we are on the mend!

Anna Ruth is on the GO! She has been walking for two months.  However, now her steps have gotten wider and faster!  I have noticed lately she and Sumner have started racing.  It is hilarious.  Unfortunately, Sumner results to cheating if he has to... (we are working on it-among other things.)

Anna Ruth has also turned into quite the dare devil.  She is definitely her daddy's child.  Back in his time, he was known for climbing.  Sumner was never much of a climber.  Anna Ruth on the other hand is a little monkey.  She has incredible balance.  When she gets on something, it only takes a second for her to stand straight up (no matter how tall/narrow.) She is going to give her mama a heart attack!

In the last month, two of Anna Ruth's bottom teeth came through.  Sumner did not get his until he was over a year old, so I was a little surprised when she got two.

Anna Ruth also met Santa this month at Rutland Farms.  She was not impressed.  In fact, my brother put on a Santa hat and beard a week or so after she met Santa and she went hysterical.

She is still clingy to me, and I love it! She is my little cuddly baby! Nothing makes me feel better than to see her face when she sees me! It melts my heart!

Anna Ruth upgraded to a new big girl car seat.  She is still rear facing, but has a lot more room.

The week before Anna Ruth turned 1, I stopped giving her daytime bottles.  It went surprisingly well.  In place of her bottle, I would just feed her a snack, and she was completely satisfied.  I plan on weaning the bedtime bottle in a few days.  This was not a big deal for Sumner, so hopefully it will not be difficult for Anna Ruth,either.  I will admit, it makes me terribly sad.

I have said it once and I will say it again, Anna Ruth is so sweet and loving.  You just have to be around her to understand what I am talking about.  I am so happy God gave her to us!

Sumner
Sumner, who used to not be so lovey-dovey, has really started showing his sweet side lately.  He has started giving us random hugs and kisses, asking to sit in our laps, and telling us he loves us.  It makes me feel SO good to receive his affection.  He is my heart!

For example, today, he asked to sit on the couch instead of his own chair to watch Mickey Mouse.  After he sat, he patted beside him and asked me to sit with him.  I was busy working, but I immediatley dropped what I was doing to sit with him.  He nestled up near me, hugged my neck, and whispered "Bubba loves mama!" I had to swallow back tears and replied "Mama loves Bubba!" He smiled very big and said "Bubba loves mama, and mama loves Bubba, too!" I will never forget that moment as long as I live.

At night, we always read a book.  After reading our book, Matthew, Sumner, and I kneel beside his bed and say our prayers.  We always say the normal Children's nighttime prayer, and then Matthew says a quick personal prayer.  Well, randomly one night this week Sumner  started praying on his own in the middle of Matthew praying.  His prayer was simple, but oh, so sweet.  All he said was "Od (God): Dada, Mama, Sissy, Bubba, DD, WaWa, Top, YaYa, and Papa!" Matthew and I couldn't believe it the first time he did it.  Now he does it every night.  I guess that is his way of asking God to bless them! :)

Sumner is still in the process of learning how to share, take turns, and play "easy" with others... Especially Sissy.  Maybe I am naive, but when he doesn't do these things, I honestly think it is because he hasn't quite learned how to.  I don't usually see spite or meanness in him.  However, we discipline him none the less and pray for God to help us teach him.  It is especially challenging with Anna Ruth because he will not let her play in peace.  On Tuesday and Thursday's Sumner goes to Mr. Charles' house until about 2:00 so I can work.  I hate to say it, but Anna Ruth acts like she is in heaven on those days because she is free to do whatever she wants without Sumner aggravating her.... Uhhh.... I guess this is just the beginning of that sibling fussing stuff.... 

Sumner also saw Santa at Rutland's.  He didn't cry, but he still wasn't crazy about him.  However, he did tell him he wanted a high car (not sure what that is) and a slide for Christmas!

Speaking of Santa, Sumner has REALLY enjoyed looking at all of the Christmas lights this year.  Every morning when he wakes up, he runs into the living room and tells me to turn on our Christmas tree and the lights to our Christmas village.  He loves riding under the lights at the Moultrie square when we go to DD's house.  We even got out and walked under them.  He really enjoyed that, too!

We have so much to look forward to.  Not only Christmas, but everything that goes along with watching them grow, learn, and develop personalities.  I cannot thank God enough for giving me my two precious babies.

Dear Sumner and Anna Ruth,
Despite you two not feeling 100% this month, I have still made some very special memories.  Everyday I love you more and more, even though it doesn't seem possible to love you more than what I already do.  There is absolutely no other place I would rather be than home with you.  I love watching how God is already using you to touch the lives of others.  I cannot wait to see what he has in store for your life. 
I love you both as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mama


















No comments:

Post a Comment