Verse

Verse

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Why Can't I Keep Them Little?

Tonight after watching Nightly News I found the all to familiar feeling of worry come over me. I cannot stand the thought of the bad things the future could hold for my children. I wish I could control these bad thoughts but they just come so fast. All I can do is pray for God to help me from worrying and protect my children.

I love them both so much. I don't have big, unrealistic,  or demanding dreams for my babies. All I want is for them to accept the Lord as their personal savior and live a life pleasing to him. I know if that dream is fulfilled all other things will just work themselves out.

Right now both my babies are safe and sound asleep in their rooms.  They have been fed, bathed,  and tucked in. Most importantly, they have been loved.

I just wish things could stay like they are now. Right now they are too little to have worries of their own. Right now they are to little to have bullies hurt their feelings. Right now mommy can kiss all their troubles away. I love how things are right now. Right now I feel like I am in control.

But that is when I realize I am not in control BUT I serve the one who is! Knowing he is in control gives me peace. I am so thankful for the hope I have in Jesus.

So tonight just like every other night I go to bed praying for my kids. Praying they will love and follow Jesus. Praying they will be surrounded by Christian influences. Praying for their health. Praying for their happiness. Praying for their future spouses.  And finally praying for guidance and protection for Matthew and I so we will be alive and capable of raising them in a way that will please the Lord. But MOST importantly,  praising God for all he has done!

No comments:

Post a Comment