This picture was taken when mama and I went for a day trip to Jacksonville Beach for Spring Break. I was 8 months pregnant. So basically, in two years I went from having 0 children here on earth (because Sumner was still safe and sound in mama's tummy) to two children here on earth. What an incredible blessing!
Saturday, March 29th was the official start date of Spring Break 2014. Even though I have not gone back to work yet, it was still an exciting time for me because it meant my mama would be off work for the week which = fun!
Here is some highlights from our wonderful week:
- Saturday we went to Avery's birthday party at a gymnastics place. Sumner had a ball playing and Anna Ruth enjoyed watching everyone play. Sumner also got to spend some time with family which is always nice. He especially liked spending time with his Poppy and Gammy!
- Tuesday we planned on going to Wild Adventures. We ate lunch at Cracker Barrel and then headed to the park. To our disappointment they were closed :( This time of year they are only open Thursday-Sunday. So we made up for it by going to Toys R Us and buying Sumner this really cool tent/tunnel thing and a toy microphone. I think I love Toys R Us more now than I did when I was a kid. I couldn't wait to get home and set up his new toys and watch him play.
- Wednesday we met my best friend, Mandy, and her two little girls at Chikfila and let the kids play on the playground. Both Sumner and Maggie Claire have absolutely no fear. They had a blast! Afterwards, Maggie Claire came to our house to play with Sumner. They played in his new tent, rode the wagon, watched Mickey Mouse, and pet the horses. It was a lot of fun!
- Friday we went on a picnic at the park. We picked up McDonalds on the way. Sumner had the best time playing on all the equipment and swinging on the swings.
- Saturday we went to Moultrie to visit my grandparents and aunts. Before we went to my grandparent's house, my mama and I took the kiddos to Dairy Queen and got our order to go. Next, we went to my home church and had another picnic and let Sumner play on the playground. That night friends came over and we grilled.
- Sumner used the potty by himself once. It was totally unexpected. I think the only reason he did it was because he saw Maggie Claire do it.
- Anna Ruth rolled over from her back to her tummy. She only did it once. Who knows when she will be able to do it on a regular basis.
- Anna Ruth started laughing. She did it a few times here and there but the day at the park was when she really got her giggle box tipped over. She laughed for 5 minutes at the kids swinging. So sweet!
I am so sad to see the week end but at least there is only 1 1/2 months left until Summer break. I cannot wait to make more memories!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment