First of all, Sumner had his very first haircut this month! He did great, and looked super cute afterwards (of course he was cute before the haircut, too!)
He also started eating table food this month. When he sees someone around him eating he smacks his lips. I guess this is his way of communicating he wants food! Not only did he start eating table food, he also started eating puffs. I have tried giving them to him in the past, and he wasn't interested. Now, he tears them up!
His vocabulary is growing. He learned how to say "DD" and understands what the words "let’s go", "splash", and "bottle" mean.
He has also started waving bye. Sumner has turned into a singing and dancing machine, too. When we drive somewhere he sings to me and claps his hands. At home, he dances whenever he hears music. When I say he "dances", I mean he bounces up and down to the beat. You can tell he likes it because he smiles and laughs while he dances. He loves when I sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider". He tries to move his hands and fingers like I do as I sing.
He also L-O-V-E-S to play peek-a-boo! This month he learned how to initiate the game himself. When I change his clothes, he pulls his shirt over his face and pulls it down super-fast until I say "Where's Sumner?" then he laughs and laughs. He does the same thing in the bathtub with the shower curtain. He recently started hiding behind the kitchen cabinets and peeking out. When I say "Where's Sumner" he hides again, peeks out, laughs, and hides again! He is so cute!
Sumner spent the night at his DD’s without me for the first time this month, too. It was hard for me, and I missed him so much. The reason he spent the night was because Matthew and I were both working at an event at our church.
Other places Sumner went this month were: Matthew’s Nana’s house in Pelham, Albany Mall to see the Easter bunny, his cousin, Avery’s birthday party. Another first for Sumner was that he celebrated his first Easter. It was so sweet having him here with us this year to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord.
Sumner also accomplished a huge task this month... Walking! He is now walking all over our house. As each day passes, his balance and speeds gets faster and faster! I was blessed to be home with him the week he learned to walk because I was out for Spring Break. We had a fantastic time and made a ton of special memories.
My mama and I have given Sumner a new nickname this month... BamBam! We gave him this name because he is so strong and motivated that he reminds us of BamBam from The Flintstones! He picks up heavy things with one hand, while standing, without holding on, and slings them. He has also started climbing on stuff or over something that gets in his way. Recently he climbed up on the dishwasher door while I was putting dishes away. He made it look so easy by not pulling himself up, instead just putting one foot up at a time. I scolded him (pop on the hand followed by no-no) because he could have easily hurt himself and broke the door!
A BIG event that took place this past month is Sumner's Baby Dedication. It was such a special event that I will cherish forever.
Sumner's schedule hasn't changed since last month. He still has 3-4 8 oz. bottles a day. He still wears size 3 diapers and size 12-18 month clothes. He is growing so strong and healthy. I cannot wait to see what he will be up to next month!
![]() |
| Easter Bunny... drool and all |
![]() |
| Pooped after an afternoon of shopping |
![]() |
| Playing with my old toys at DD's |
| Helping Daddy with the deck |
![]() |
| His favorite toy |
![]() |
| Walking in Daddy's shoes |
![]() |
| Sleepover at DD's |
![]() |
| Before haircut After haircut |
| Sumner's Baby Dedication |
Dear Sumner,
Thank you for making the past month so special. I cannot express how much fun it was to be home with you over Spring Break, to celebrate Easter with you, and to see you take your first steps. Your personality is really starting to shine, and I love it! You are such a sweet and good baby! We are truly blessed to have you in our lives! I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mama








No comments:
Post a Comment