Verse

Verse

Thursday, May 24, 2012

My (Almost) First Mother's Day- 2012

I got out of the hospital on May 11th from pre-term labor. My doctor put me on bed rest because I was still contracting and I was only 35 weeks pregnant.  Mother's Day was Sunday, May 12th.  We have a tradition for Mother's Day which is that Matthew's Nana, Aunt Mary Beth, Uncle Ronnie, cousins (Ivey and David), my mama and brother come over to Matthew's parents house. Matthew and his dad cook, and we spend the day together.  I knew this year his Nana and his aunt would want to come over and see our new house, and with me being in the hospital the previous few days, I did not have time to get the yards or the house cleaned up the way I would have liked to have done.  But, thanks to my wonderful family (mama, Mrs. Latrelle, Mr. Charles, and Matthew), everything got done!  Not only did it make me feel better to have things done because his family would be coming over, but also at that point, we thought Sumner might be coming along any day.

Mama spent the night at our house Saturday night because she had been helping to take care of me.  It didn't make sense for her to leave late at night, just to drive back early in the morning.  I felt horrible because not only had I not had time to get my house ready, and also did not have time to buy Mother's Day gifts.  So, for my mama, I got up before she did so I could serve her breakfast in bed which consisted of a strawberry pop tart and a glass of orange juice! :) It wasn't much, but I could tell it meant a lot to her.

Lunch was so good! We had ribs and chicken! We also had baked macaroni and cheese, peas, butter beans, sweet potato souffle, salad, and brown rice!

Since I was on bed rest, I was ordered to stay on the couch for the majority of the time.  But, it was still nice to be able to get dressed up and out!

We had a very sweet and special day!  I cannot wait until next year and I get to celebrate Mother's Day with my sweet baby boy.  He will almost be one by then! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment