Verse

Verse

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Olivia or Sumner???

     I didn't really want to find out the gender of our little blessing growing inside of me.  I love surprises, and even though I knew it would be a lot more difficult, I didn't care, I really could have gone without finding out the sex until the day we had him/her!  But, Matthew is the opposite of me! He doesn't like surprises.  He has to know EVERYTHING! I don't think I have really ever given him a gift and him not know what it is before opening it.  He just HAS to figure it out! So anyway, he told me if I really didn't want to know, he would just get the doctor to tell him, and he would not tell a soul... YEA RIGHT! I knew that wouldn't work, so I gave in, with ONE exception! I wanted the way we found out to be special! I didn't just want to be sitting in the doctor's office with the doctor and a nurse and him just blurt it out. So, I came up with a plan!
   
      The day of our appointment, January 5, 2012 (when we hoped the gender could be determined), we went to a baby store in Tifton with the plan of buying two bears... A blue bear and a pink bear!  Well, when we got there we saw the most adorable booties in the world.  But, all they had were booties with a white ribbon, and booties with a blue ribbon... No pink ribbons...   We would have rather used the booties instead of the bears, but we couldn't because there were not girl ones.  I told Matthew we could go ahead and just do the blue ones, and not bother with the pink ones, because I just had a STRONG feeling it would be a boy... Matthew laughed in disagreement because he feltl strongly it would be a girl!

     We decided to check with one other store to see if they had the girl ones before we bought the bears.  We flew down the road (because we were running late, as usual) to the other baby store, but they had nothing :( So, we rushed back to the first store and asked the sweet lady who worked there to please wrap each bear in separate bags, and not tell us which was which!  She really got into it!

     When we got to the doctor's office, I know we looked crazy carrying in these two big gift bags, but we didn't care!  We were just too excited!  The nurses and doctors were so sweet, and enjoyed it too!  When Dr. Jordan started the ultrasound, the baby wasn't cooperating!!! It was in the fetal position with its legs shut tight!  Dr. Jordan didn't give up!  He managed to get a good shot of it, and put the picture, with the gender written on it, inside the bag with corresponding teddy bear.  We wispered to the nurse what the gender was so she could write on the bags "open" "don't open"!




     We could not wait to get home!  Matthew set up the video camera and we sat on the couch, closed our eyes, and opened the bag together!  We unwrapped a BLUE BEAR! Baby Palmer would be a Sumner, not Olivia!  We were thrilled! You have never seen such a proud daddy!!! Matthew couldn't stop grinning!




     Our parents came over that night for dinner. We re-wrapped the bear so they could open it, too!  We recorded them opening it, and they too, were thrilled!!!!  I can go ahead a tell ya, Sumner is going to be one rotten youngin if his grandparents have anything to say about it!  But, hey, that's what grandparents are for, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment