Verse

Verse

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Little Moments Make Big Memories

     Matthew and I went shopping for Sumner on February 11th.  It was such a special day! We woke up early that morning and cooked breakfast!  Then, we headed out for Tallahassee!  Our first stop was "Our New Baby".  We were in search for a crib and bedding!  "Our New Baby" was such a nice shop.  I recommend it to everyone!  I had narrowed down the bedding to two different patterns.  One was very traditional, elegant, and boyish!  It was called "Aiden".  It was beautiful!  The other was sweet, cute, and "babyish"!  It was called "Barnyard Baby", and as you can tell from the name, it went along with the barn yard them.

     When we walked into the store, they had the Aiden bedding out on display.  It was even prettier in person than it was on the internet.  Matthew wasn't sold on it though, because he thought it looked to "formal" (his words) for a baby.  So, I showed him the picture of Barnyard Baby in a magazine, and he LOVED IT! I knew right then, that would be the one!  Matthew's love for farming made it an easy choice.  So, I could scratch one thing off my list!

Aiden

Baby Barnyard


     They had a lot of pretty cribs, but they were all so expensive.  All we needed was just a crib, not one of those cribs that could be converted into a bed someday. We already had bedroom furniture for both guest bedrooms (thanks to the generosity of Matthew's grandmother), so spending the extra money on the convertible bed just seemed unnecessary.  We decided to leave and go to Babies R Us and see if they anything.

     Babies R Us was nice, too! And we were in luck! They had a beautiful cherry crib for a wonderful price.  Matthew, being the researcher he is, wanted to go home and read up about it before we bought anything. So, we wrote down the information (actually took a picture of the tag), and left without buying anything.

     We went and ate at "Macaroni Grill" for a late lunch/early dinner.  Matthew drew on the paper tablecloth Sumner's name. It was so cute!  I guess that was when we actually decided for sure on his middle name, Charles.  After we left we went to my favorite place, Krispy Kreme!  I did good! I only ate two doughnuts!  But..... later that night, I had two more... And then Sunday I ate 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are my weakness!!

   



 
     We had such a good day!  I love spending time with Matthew.  We always have the best time.  Its the little moments in life that make the best memories!

  Oh, and by the way, we ordered the crib and bedding! It came in the next week and Matthew being the good daddy he is, immediately put it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment