Verse

Verse

Thursday, April 24, 2025

Abigail's "Field Trip" to Disney!

 This year of homeschooling has been so much fun!  I have loved spending so much time with her plus being able to see her learn in real time. Its truly been incredible and a gift.  


For our spring break, I planned a very last minute trip to Disney World... Just the two of us.  I had been wanting to take her for a long time.  She went when she was two and she went three years ago. However, both times she went in the past, she was too young to remember.  Actually when she went three years ago, she may have been able to remember some of it, but I am sort of glad she didn't because it was such an awful trip.  It was right after they re-opened after Covid and they still had strict rules, the characters had to wear masks and you couldn't hug them or anything. The week we went, they had just lifted the international travel band, so all the people from other countries decided to come THAT week. Disney is always crowded, but I have never seen it like this!  And to top it off, Florida was experiencing a polar blast and it was freezing and raining the whole time.... So, needless to say, Abigail never had the "magical Disney memories" Sumner and AR have.  And before anyone feels too bad for Sumner and Anna Ruth (for being left out) I am taking Sumner on a trip to Universal for his 13th birthday soon and I am taking Anna Ruth to an Ann Wilson concert. 


Like I said, I had been wanting to take Abigail for a while, but was too chicken to conquer it by myself. I don't know what got into me, but I suddenly became adventurous and brave. When I discovered I could get a last minute reservation at the Bippity Boppity Boutique (which normally you have to book months in advance) I decided to go for it.  I booked to room, scheduled a character dining meal, and bought our tickets two days before we left!  


Our trip started off after church on Sunday.  We left church, stopped at McDonalds for lunch, ran home to get our luggage, and hit the road!  We got to our hotel about 5:30 (Disney's All Star Movie Resort).  We had a reservation at 1900 Park Fare that night, so after taking our luggage to our room, we drove to resort where 1900 Park Fare is located.  I chose this place because of the characters. We got to meet Aladdin, Cinderella, Tianna, and Mirabel. The food was also delicious. It was buffet style, and the choices were endless.  We got back to our room about 9PM and got ready for bed.


The next morning we were up and waiting for the first shuttle to take us to Magic Kingdom.  We were literally in the park walking around by 8:30.  Maybe even sooner....  The first ride we did was "Its a Small World". Not everything was open at this time, so we just did what was open and nearby.  The entire day was perfect. We rode every single thing we wanted to ride and never waiting more than 20 minutes.  Most things we didn't have to wait at all.  


We had our appointment at the Bippity Boppity Boutique that afternoon. At first Abigail acted scared to do it, and I had to make her go in. Once she got comfortable she told me she was so happy I made her go! :)   It was such a fun experience!!


We stayed at the park until it closed, and got back to our room around 10.  We were so exhausted. Especially me.  I definitely have a greater appreciation for Matthew now.  Normally when we go on vacations he is in charge of directions. I am truly directionally challenged. I would be embarrassed if anyone say how many circles I made everywhere I went. I literally used the walking directions feature at the park to find things. We may or may not have accidently tried to use our room key to get into another person's room.... Matthew is also the one who takes our luggage.  We didn't have a lot, but hauling all of it and trying to find where I was going, and making Abigail hold my hand was a struggle to say the least!  And finally, Matthew is also the one who holds the kids up when they need to see things.  Since I was alone, I was the one to hold her up for all the shows, parades. and the 30 minute fireworks show.  My shoulders were burning!!! But I'd do it all again for these memories.


Tuesday morning we got up first thing, packed up, and headed home. We stopped at a McDonalds on the way out and stopped one other time for a bathroom break.  We made it home in time for us to pick Sumner and AR up from school. 


I cannot say enough about how special this trip was.  The 1:1 time was so sweet. Seeing the magic through her eyes is something I will never forget!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment