Verse

Verse

Saturday, August 23, 2025

Sumner's 13th Birthday

✨ I realized I never wrote about Sumner turning 13 — not because it wasn’t important, but because I was so busy making it special and being present in the moment. His actual birthday morning, he left for his very first church mission trip — the first time going away without me or Matthew — which made this milestone feel even bigger.

Thankfully, I did write a post the night before, when we celebrated as a family. It really sums up the joy and gratitude I felt, so I’m sharing it here below.

Happy 13th Birthday to the boy I love most in the whole wide world. 💙


👇 My birthday-eve post:

Tomorrow morning at 5 AM, Sumner heads off to Big Creek, Kentucky with our church for a mission trip. It’s his first time going away without Matthew or me… and it just so happens to be his 13th birthday. 💙
We’ve spent the past few days celebrating this milestone in all the best ways — a pool day with DD and Mr. Tommy (they gave him his first real pocket knife ),a sleepover with his “brothers from another mother,” Fletcher and Branch (so thankful for their lifelong bond!), a special scavenger hunt this morning that ended with his very first shotgun, and tonight we wrapped it all up with our sweet family celebration tradition. 🥳 Top and Yaya got him his first guitar.
I can’t believe my first baby is officially becoming a teenager. Where does the time go?!
I can truly say I’ve loved every second of this journey. My daily prayer for Sumner is that he’ll love the Lord with all his heart, always put Him first, be surrounded by Godly mentors and friends, marry a Godly wife one day, raise his children in a Christ-centered home, and stay in the center of God’s perfect will for his life. I also pray our family always stays close, no matter how life changes.
Please keep our church youth group in your prayers this week — that God would use them in mighty ways and that each one would grow closer to Him. 🙏
Next Saturday can’t get here quick enough for this mama’s heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment