Verse

Verse

Friday, August 16, 2024

Happy 12th Birthday Sumner!

 Full disclosure: I am struggling to keep up with these posts now that the kids are growing up and getting busy with all the fun extra things life has to offer.  So I am writing this post about 2.5 months AFTER Sumner's birthday, but at least I AM GETTING IT DONE! Please do not think that me not writing as many posts has any kind of correlation to my love for you. It absolutely DOES NOT.  Things are busier now, but honestly, so much funnier too. I love how our relationship has gotten stronger as the years go by, and we get to enjoy more things together. I pray it always stays that way.


You opted not to have a big party this year, but that does not mean you didn't celebrate BIG. We had a family birthday at the office with Uncle David, we also went to the lake (with Papa, Walter, DD, Top, and Yaya) on your actual birthday and had a blast celebrating there.  It was SUCH a special treat because Walter was in town.  He was here visiting in between his move from Memphis to Detroit.  You also had 2 friends (Eli Jordan and Davis Luke) come and stay the weekend with you at the lake a few weeks after your birthday to celebrate. 


It is so hard to believe this is the last year before you become a teenager. You probably won't understand how emotional that is for me until you become a parent.  While I do enjoy the fun things we do together now that you are growing up, I still struggle a LOT with the idea of you growing up.


Please NEVER, EVER, EVER forget how much I love you. Please also never forget how special you are and how much joy you bring to all the people who are lucky enough to be around you and get to know you. You have a sweet spirit about you, and you always have.  I pray the sweet and special times we shared all your life will stick in your memory.  My biggest pray for you is that you will love and serve God for your entire life. That you will lean on him when trials and sad times come upon you.  I pray God will give you a deep and unshakable faith.  I pray you will always be surrounded with Godly influences and friends all throughout your life and that you will marry a Godly wife one day.  


I love you, buddy! As high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!!!!

Love, mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment