What? NINE? No way! There is no way Sumner is already nine years old! Wasn't I just writing his one-month post or his "whole handful" post? WOW! I seriously cannot wrap my head around the fact that I am 1/2 done raising him, and that next year he will be TWO handfuls old!
Sumner truly had what you call a "birthWEEK!" You see, since COVID forced us to cancel his skating party last year, Anna Ruth graciously allowed him to share her skating party with him back in December. Therefore, we didn't do another big party for him. We still made it special though! First, on Monday (the day before his birthday) my girlfriends brought all their kids over (who are Sumner's life-long friends) and they swam, ate pizza cake & ice cream, busted the pinata.... Basically had a blast! Then, on Tuesday (his actual birthday) we spent the entire day doing exactly what he wanted. We started the day off by eating birthday cake for breakfast, opening presents, playing Monopoly, eating lunch at Your Pie, DD coming over too and spent the afternoon with us. The next day DD came over again and we went bowling. Friday, two of Sumner's friends from school came over and spent the night. They had a ball! Saturday was our day of recuperating from the busy/fun week. We also had VBS this week, and every night his friend Owen got to go with us, and that was ad added treat!
We aren't done celebrating yet, either.... We still have to do our family birthday party with Yaya, Top, Uncle David, Ms. Vicki, Uncle D, and Aunt Carol! The fun just keeps on going! :)
Dear Sumner,
Thank you for making the past nine years the best years of my life. You are such a tender-hearted, smart, quirky, mama-loving, Christ-following, sentimental, sweet, special young man. I am so proud to be your mama and I thank God for you every single day. I pray that as you grow older, you will always trust and follow Jesus. I pray He will have a personal encounter with you and He will be the one who makes you feel safe, loved, and happy. I love you buddy... as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more! THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU AND LOVING ME!
Love,
Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment