It is hard to believe Sumner just completed second grade and Anna Ruth just completed first grade. Where does the time go? Both kiddos had great years, had great teachers, and made great friends! I am thankful!
The year started off rocky with the unknown and uncertainty *thanks to COVID* but thankfully they were able to stay in school the entire year *with only a few times here and there they had to stay home to quarantine*
Sumner made his *first best friend*, Owen Sutton. The two of them are like two peas in a pod. Unfortunately, they will be going to different schools next year, so I am not sure what will happen. Regardless, I am thankful for the friendship they shared this year. We have already made future playdate plans! Sumner's teacher was also my best friend since a teenager, Mandy! It was neat and comforting having her teach Sumner.
Anna Ruth really blossomed this year. It was her first year in public school, and I seriously could not have handpicked a better teacher for her than Darby Lindsey! Before this year, Anna Ruth always seemed quiet, reserved, and a little insecure when it came to school. She is the opposite of all those things now. She learned SO much while having fun! Darby made Anna Ruth feel comfortable and safe in order to give her the room she needed to grow! I am so thankful for Mrs. Darby. Anna Ruth loved her so much. In fact, on the first Monday of summer break, Anna Ruth randomly came up to me with tears in her eyes and said "I am sad because this is my first Monday without Mrs. Darby". Now that is true love!
We have some exciting news about next year.... I will be completing the "Declaration of Intent" to homeschool both kids, and Abigail will be starting the 3K class at our church, Northside Baptist. This is something I never in a million years dreamed I would ever do, especially when I spent 6 years of college getting my Early Childhood Education bachelors, masters, and specialists degrees. However, Matthew and I feel 100% confident this is what the Lord has called us to do. In fact, I have been struggling with this conviction since Sumner was a baby... It has just taken this long for me to surrender to my conviction *I guess I need to take my own advice when I tell our kids "delayed obedience is disobedience"*
With that being said, for this first year, I am "cheating" a little bit and getting some *homeschool help*. I do work a full-time job *even though it is at home, it's still a job*, and the thought of diving straight into homeschooling alone seemed a tad bit *ok, a LOT* overwhelming. God has truly blessed Tifton with so many alternatives to public school. We had so many choices, and we prayed and researched them all, and ultimately decided to let Sumner go to Chess Academy (a homeschooling co-op which meets 3x a week and does the other 2 days at home) and Anna Ruth will be going to a homeschool tutor in Tifton who has been doing homeschool for over ten years and was a public school teacher prior to that. We are very excited about these changes, but at the same time will miss our Norman Park family very much.
I get four weeks off for summer, and as I am typing this I am on my fourth and final week. I can't stand how fast it flew by,but I try to always look on the bright side. The VERY bright side of this situation is that even when I do start back to work next week, I will get to do it at home with my family. Sure it will probably be stressful, and I won't be able to just go and do as I please, but we will still be TOGETHER! Another bright side is how much fun and quality time I got to spend with my precious family over the past four weeks.
Some of the highlights were:
-tons of picnics
- playing games
-celebrating Matthew's birthday
-celebrating Sumner's birthday
-YMCA pool
-spending time with my mama
-VBS
-girls kayaking trip with some special friends
-making gummy bears
- playing at the Agrirama playground/picnics
- this sounds CRAZY but it was a special day... taking the kids to Walmart with me and just browsing the toy ailes.
-bowling
-to end my vacation, we are on our way to Marco Island now and I am sure that will be a perfect ending to a wonderful summer break *for me, anyway*
Abigail Lately
Abigail is still living her best life, enjoying the perks of being cute as a button + being the baby of the family! Below are just a few things about her at this age that I always want to remember!
- She says "remember" about 1000 times a day. Examples of how she uses the word... "Wamemba? We did that yesterday" or "I like oreos, Wememba?" She uses the word all the time and I am not sure why!! Its so cure though.
- She also says "yesterday" or "the other day" or "tomorrow" a thousand times a day. And the funny thing is she gets them all mixed up. Anything that happened in the past is "yesterday". Anything she wants to do is "we gonna go do that tomorrow"!
- She started sleeping in Anna Ruth's bed on June 2nd. We would have done it sooner, but it's a long story. To summarize, the bed I wanted to match Anna Ruth's bed was discontinued and I have not found a bed I like to go with it yet. Since they share a room, my OCD-ness can't handle mismatching. I think we decided to just get them bunk beds for the time being. Eventually, we plan to turn the playroom into Abigail's room once the kids outgrow the playroom. :( In the meantime, Anna Ruth has been sleeping in Sumner's room with him on the bunk beds (which is what she does a majority of the time anyway). I can't believe I don't have a baby in a crib anymore (and don't have plans to).
- Abigail likes to introduce her family to everyone. Even if it is someone we all clearly know. Even when she sees another baby/child in a store or somewhere she will look at them, put her hand up real sassy-like, and introduce me to the child by saying "This is my mama". It's so cute to see/hear her do it in person.
Dear Sumner, Anna Ruth, and Abigail,
All I ever wanted to be when I grew up was a wife and a mommy! You all have exceeded my dreams more than you will ever know. I love every minute I get to spend with you. There is truly nowhere I would rather be than with my family! I hope when you grow up and have a family of your own that you will look back on your childhood with fondness! I love you all as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment