Verse

Verse

Sunday, June 13, 2021

Abigail Turns THREE

 Happy Third Birthday, Abigail! Oh my goodness, you are so loved!!! I wish so badly I could record every second of your life so you could watch it when you are all grown up. To say you are funny is seriously an understatement.  I crack up daily watching and listening to you! You are such a sweet, loving, smart, unique, funny, energetic, kind, and the good qualities go on and on.  It is so hard to believe you are already three years old.

We had a wonderful time celebrating you. Walter flew in just for your birthday.  He arrived Sunday afternoon and had to go back Tuesday morning.  It was a quick trip, but it was so special that he came. The day he came we went out to eat and had the people at the restaurant sing to you. 

The morning of your birthday we had the house decorated and you blew out your candles on breakfast cookies.  You really enjoyed opening your gifts (princess castle, Sumner wrapped up a dollar, Anna Ruth wrapped up one of her toys you like, and a few Barbie dolls.

Walter and Papa came over and spent the day with you. I even let Sumner and Anna Ruth skip school. You all had a lot of fun. DD came over after she got off from work to wish you a happy birthday and give you her present (a princess light-up castle/tent).

You share the same birthday with Yaya so dinner Daddy grilled hamburgers and we celebrated both of you and had cookie cake for dessert.  Yaya gave you a Barbie boat and a “rainbow beanbag” that you have been talking about for the last several weeks.

It was such a special day!

 

A few of your favorite sayings…

* “It’s so beautiful”

* “Seize him/her”

* Sometimes when you try to give her a big kiss she will grab her cheek and say “don’t kiss off my makeup” even though she has none own

* When we start brushing her teeth she always says “that’s delicious.”

* She begins a lot of random sentences by “I think….” For example: “I think… I need my paci”, “I think…. I want my princess dress”

* She also begins many sentences with “maybe…” For example: “Maybe…  I want to go to Yellow Monkey”, “Maybe…. I want you to hold me”

* Another line starter is “How about….” For example: “How about… we go to the beach?”, “How about, I want you to hold me”

* “You mean” and she means this literally. When someone does something she doesn’t like she tells them they are mean…

* “That’s a good idea!”

“ That’s perfect!”

“ What in the world?”

 

A few things she loves:

* skating with socks

* dressing up- she wears high heels, jewelry, and a tiara daily

* Her imaginary friend “Masty”

* mermaids, unicorns, and dolphins

* grits and eggs

* birthdays, specifically her own. She has been talking about hers since before Christmas. She has changed the theme from “Frozen, mermaid, dolphins, unicorns, and lastly, valentines.

* her “pretty dress” aka “green dress” and her Elsa dress aka “pajamas”

 

A few of her favorite songs:

*Go Tell it on the Mountain

* Little Drummer Boy aka “rumpa pum pum song”

* Jesus Loves the Little Children

* He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands

 

A few other details about the THREE YEAR OLD ABIGAIL!  

*She finally got potty trained COMPLETLEY when DD came and watched her for the day while Sumner, Anna Ruth, and I went out of town with some friends from church. I am not sure what she did that was different from me, but whatever it was it worked!  This was in June and she been diaper-free since.

 * We took her paci away the day after you turned 3.  It was just as sad for me as it was for her. It was not like she really had it a lot because I had stopped letting her have it except for bedtime and naptime a year earlier. However, the paci was like a comfort blanket to her, so that part was sad.  We told her the paci fairy came and took it away. She still asks about it sometimes, but I am staying strong and not giving in.

* The other two kids transitioned to a big bed when they turned three, but Abigail is still in her crib. I can’t just yet. Knowing it will most likely be my last baby in a crib is hard for me….

 

Dear Abigail,

I love you so much! I am so thankful God has allowed me to be your mama.  I pray for you daily that you ask Jesus into your heart at a young age (but at an age where you are old enough to understand) and follow Him all the days of your life. I also pray you will strive to be who HE wants you to be and embrace the person/qualities HE purposefully created in you.  You will never know how much you are loved and just how special you are.  Always remember, I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!

Love,

Mama



No comments:

Post a Comment