Verse

Verse

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Abigail Turns TWO!

We all had so much fun celebrating Abigail!  In fact, in  a way, we celebrated for a month. What I mean is, we went to Disney World in January as a birthday trip for both Abigail and Yaya.  We had the best time!  We left on a Tuesday and came back on a Friday.  On Tuesday we went to the Bippity  Boppity Boutique at Disney Springs.  Abigail wasn't old enough, so just Anna Ruth was able to get her hair, make-up, and nails done, but I still brought a princess dress for Abigail to wear. We also went to the lego store to get Sumner something since of course, he did not want to do the Bippity Boppity Boutique.  He got a lego Chess set.

We stayed at the cabins at Fort Wilderness. That place is so neat.  We could have stayed there without even going to the park at all, because there was so much to do.  On Wednesday we woke up very early and spent the day at Animal Kingdom.  We started the day by having a character breakfast at The Tusker House where we got to meet Daisy, Donald, Goofy, and Minnie.  Abigail loved the characters and was not scared of them at all. I guess she feels like she knows them since she watches them on TV.  There wasn't as much to do at Animal Kingdom as there is at Magic Kingdom, so we went to the Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom about 6:00, and then went back to the cabins.  At the cabins, they do a movie under the stars where you can meet Chip and Dale, roast marshmallows, and make smores, so we did that, too.

The next day we went to our favorite place, Magic Kingdom.  We just love it there!  We had a busy day of watching parades, riding rides, rushing from here to there, and to top it off we ran into our other family, the Daughtrey's!  We rode the boat to Tom Sawyer's Island with them and played for about 45 minutes.  They also met us for the firework and laser show that night.  Abigail was such as trooper the entire time.  She never cried, and when she did get sleepy, she took a nap in the stroller.  The weather was perfect!

On Friday we had another full day, even though we did not go to the parks.  We explored the resort, rode the monorail and the new skyliner, just for fun.  We went to the Arts of Animation resort and looked at all the neat things there (Cars, Lion King, Little Mermaid).  By the time we had done those things, it was getting pretty late in the afternoon.  We went to eat at a Cracker Barrel for supper and then to Walmart so the kids could each get a souvenir (they are much cheaper at Walmart than the park, and just as nice).  We didn't get home until after midnight, but the kids feel asleep about 8:00, and slept the whole way home.  We had such a fun time.  I know Abigail won't remember it, but I WILL, and I have lots of pictures to show her one day!

Since we went on a big trip for her birthday, we didn't have a big party.  We did celebrate with family, though.  The night before I rocked her and sang to her and just held her extra long. The next morning, I had the house decorated with Minnie Mouse stuff (Sumner and Anna Ruth helped, of course).  When she woke up she saw everything and got very excited.  We sang happy birthday to her and let her blow out her candles (we stuck in cookies) and opened presents.  She acted like she had been doing this birthday thing for years and years.  She was a pro and loved everything about it.  Sumner gave her a ABC puzzle, Anna Ruth gave her a Frozen cup, and Matthew and I gave her a playset and a birthday doll (#2).  Yaya and Top came over that morning and gave her their present which was a smaller sized roller coaster than what we have outside. She loves being outside, but the toys we have outside are too big for her, so I wanted to get stuff for her to be able to play safely.  Next, we went to eat breakfast at Waffle House.  When we got home, Papa was there, and he brought her his gift which was a slide to keep inside.  She probably slid 100 times that day alone!  That night we went to the Catfish house to eat supper with our family.  Will, Elizabeth, Fletcher, and Branch came, too!  I brought the decorations from the house and put them up in the room we ate in.  Since Yaya and Abigail share the same birthday, they also shared a Minne Mouse cake! DD was sick that weekend, but we did see her the next week, and she gave Abigail a water table, which she loves.  Now we are set for outside toys!  Bring on warm weather! :)


 It is so hard to wrap my head around the fact that she is 2.  Out of all three kids, she has grown up the fastest.  Partly because life is so busy with 3 kids, but also because she is in such a hurry to grow up so she can be like her brother and sister.  She doesn't want to sit in a high chair or sleep in a crib or drink from a "baby cup" and so forth and so forth.  She thinks she should be able to do everything JUST LIKE Sumner and Anna Ruth.

Here are a few things Abigail is like these days:

- She loves the movie Frozen.  She can seriously sit and watch the entire movie. Sumner and Anna Ruth are just now able to sit through a movie.  She tells me "watch Let it Go, mama!" She loves the song and asks me to play it all the time.  She even tells Alexa the play it "Hexa, let it goooooo!"

- She is into everything!  She has broken 2 lamps, more picture frames than I can count, books, and so on and so on.  She climbs on everything.  She really looks like a monkey when she climbs.  It is pretty incredible.  Here lately she has been going into the bathroom and getting the stool the other kids use to wash their hands and dragging it through the house so she can climb on even more things!  She tells me "can't reach it."

- She has developed a sassy side (and not necessarily in a good/sweet way).  She points her fingers at Anna Ruth (and sometimes Matthew and I) and says no, no, and then starts rambling words so fast no one can understand. We have been trying to teach her to be nice, and have even had to start popping her.  When she gets popped, she runs to anyone who listens with her most dramatic pouty face and says "____ popped me!"  This girl knows she can give you some looks too when she isn't happy about something.  She also uses that bottom lip like a pro!  When we tell her "no" she sulks BIG TIME.  Her shoulders go down, her head goes down, and she just slowly walks away with that lip stuck out.   I pray God will give her a sweet and pure spirit.  On the other side of that she is so loving!  She is full of joy! She gets so excited about things and cannot help but belly laugh with pleasure.  She has the biggest smile that really does light up a room.

- When she wants to be held, which is all the time (she is my little hip baby), she says "mama, hold youuuuu" meaning I want you to hold me.  Then if someone tries to take her away she'll tell them "no, mama hold you!" meaning I want mama to hold me.

- We gave her orange juice for the first time and she drank that cup down.  She loves it!

- When she falls down or does anything that could have been painful she jumps up and quickly says "I'm OK!!!!" That girl is the toughest thing!

- She tells us she is sorry when she has broken something, hurt us, or even if we just got hurt on our own.  She says it in the sweetest way.  " I sowwwyyy!"

- She loves loves loves books.  At first it was just the simple board books and peek-a-boo books, but now she loves real books. Her favorite is Milk and Cookies!  She tells me "read books! read books!" She would sit and let me read for hours I do believe.  She also gets them herself and pretends to read them to her dolls.

-  She says "OK" a lot. I hope I never forget the way it sounds when she says it.  It is like a high pitched O and a long drug out Kkkkk!  She'll say "carwash?" meaning are we going to the car wash, and I will say not right now and she says "Okkkkk!" She basically says it as a response to everything told to her.  Except in the past week she has started asking why, and then when I tell her, she says "Okkk."

- She loves purses and everything that goes in purses (makeup, keys, phones, CHAPSTICK)

- She loves high heels which she calls "high shoes".

- She loves to put on jewelry

-She loves horses.  She rides on the rocking horse we gave Sumner for his first Christmas all the time.  Her favorite thing at Disney World was the carousel.

- She likes me to sing and rock her at night before we go to bed.  Her favorite song for me to sing is "Row Row Row the boat." She tells me "sing row row!"

- Her favorite thing to eat is grits and eggs

-We have not been for her 2 year wellness visit yet, so I do not know how big she is.   I will update that once we go.

These are just a few of the highlights. I could go on and on.  She truly is a joy to us all and I cannot imagine our life without her!

Dear Abigail,

How is it possible that you are two years old already? It just does not seem real! I feel like I was just pregnant and here you are two years later, growing up way to fast!  You are such a sweet and happy baby.  You are adorable!  Your personality is one of a kind.  You are so loved by all of us.  Your brother and sister are still as obsessed with you as the day we brought you home.  When they hear you wake up in the morning they get so excited.  I thank God that HE allowed me to be your mama.  I pray every day that I will be a good one, according to HIS standards.  I pray God will give me wisdom and discernment.  I also pray you will grow up to realize your need for a Savior, and that Jesus is just that.  I pray you will always have a hunger for studying His word, that you will be drawn to Him, that you will love Him with all of your heart, because HE LOVES YOU SO MUCH!  
Happy Birthday, Abigail! I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!!!

Love, Mama














No comments:

Post a Comment