Verse

Verse

Friday, January 10, 2020

Abigail Lately (22 Months Old)

Ohhhh, Abigail!  You are so full of personality and I cannot even remember how we were a family before you were in it! It is so funny as I read over the things I wrote about you at different points in your life, and you are just evolving!  You keep us on our toes to say the least, and are so full of surprises!  Here are a few things that really stick out about you at this age in your life:


  • As much as your looks and personality keep constantly changing, one thing that is still the same is how you remind me so much of Sumner when he was your age.  You look like him in the way you are built and your eyes and mannerisms are so similar to his when he was your age. 
  • I was beginning to think I might put you in speech like I did with Sumner (and I still might), but you have really surprised me in the last 2 weeks with all these new words.  I really think you have added 25 or more in just 2 weeks. Prior to this, you understood EVERYTHING we said, and you thought you were saying things, but we could not understand a lot of it.  In some instances you even had your own little vocabulary (example "cold" meant you wanted your cup, momomomo meant you wanted more) but even now in the last few weeks you are saying cup and more very clearly.  You are also putting 2 + words together to say little commands. :)
  • You love to have books read to you and you also love to read to yourself.  For fun, you climb up in your rocking chair with a stack full of books and just flip through the pages.
  • You love playing with your kitchen, having tea parties, Minnie Mouse, riding in your wagon, playing with baby dolls (you are a natural mama like Anna Ruth- you bounce, sing, shoosh, feed, rock all of them), climbing (oh my stars, you really are your daddy's child), sliding, swinging, and doing everything your big brother and sister do and EXACTLY the way they do it), gummies (but you call them mummies), and most of all your PACI (you call hasi).
  • In the mornings after daddy leaves with Sumner and Anna Ruth for school, and I get busy checking my e-mails for work, I let you watch Minnie Mouse in my room for about 30 minutes before your nap.  You love this and have come to expect it as part of your daily routine.  You pull out your little wooden chair and put it right in its place in front of the tv, ask me for your cup and mummies, and sit happily until the episode is over.  You get so excited when they say "oh toodles" and say it yourself. You also get excited when they do the hot dog dance at the end.  You still take at least a 2 hour nap every morning and I use that time to make my phone calls for work while the house is quiet.  
  • One thing you started doing that shocked me the first time (as well as made me laugh out loud) is when you get disappointed about something (for instance, we tell you no) you turn away and walk with your lip poked out and your shoulders bent over like a sad little puppy.  
  • You are confident and not afraid of strangers one bit, which can be very concerning.  I have to watch you constantly because it is nothing to you to walk away from me to go do something else or see something that you find interesting.
Well those are the highlights! I cannot believe you are going to be two years old next month!!! We are taking another trip to Disney World in honor of yours and Yaya's birthday!  I cannot wait to see you see Minnie Mouse in person!

Dear Abigail,
I love you so very much! I am so thankful I get to be home with you.  Even though I do miss Sumner and Anna Ruth while they are at school, I do enjoy the 1:1 time I get to spend with you.  You are so beautiful, confident, smart, and funny.  Your brother and sister think you are the greatest thing on earth, and also love you very much!  You and your daddy have a special relationship and you get so excited to see him at the end of every day and act sad when he leaves in the mornings. I am thankful that you are in my life.  I pray every night that you will ask Jesus into your heart one day and that you will follow him all the days of your life. I also pray God will give me wisdom and discernment to raise you the way HE wants to me.  I also pray you will always follow in HIS will and seek HIS plan for your precious life!  If I do nothing else in the life, I pray I teach my children about HIM! I love you Abigail Grace Palmer, as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment