Verse

Verse

Friday, January 10, 2020

Anna Ruth Turns 6


Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting and shoes

This year for Anna Ruth's birthday, we went to Disney World for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.  Her birthday is on December 19th, but we went on our trip two weeks early, hoping the crowd would be down.  Papa went with us, and we had the best time.  
Image may contain: 6 people, including Debbie Royals Akridge, people smiling, sky and outdoor

Anna Ruth's last day of school was December 18th, and her Christmas program was that day, so I took a cake to school on the 17th so she could celebrate her special day with her school friends.
Image may contain: 2 people, food and indoor

On her actual birthday, we went to Sumner's school for his Christmas party.  After his party, Mollie and Maggie Claire came home with us and they were able to spend the afternoon together playing.  That night, we went to eat as a family at Cracker Barrel.  Uncle David's birthday was on the 17th, so we surprised him by bringing a cake for him, too.  
Image may contain: 11 people, including Carol Hinson Sumner, Latrelle Sumner Palmer, Debbie Royals Akridge and David Sumner, people smiling, people sitting, table and indoor

You fell in love with the movie Tangled about a year ago. Ever since you asked us to please, please, please get you some floating lanterns for your birthday (like Rapunzel). So, when we got home from eating, we lit them and watched them fly off. You were so excited and had us reenact the whole scene from the movie to go along with it. This is a memory I hope you never forget.Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing and child
Image may contain: people standing, night, sky and outdoor

Dear Anna Ruth,
You are so very special to me.  You and I have always had such a very special bond. I remember when you were born... I was in a semi-conscious state because of the terrible time I had, but in my fog I remember hearing the loudest cry I have ever heard in my whole life.  I looked up and asked your daddy (almost in horror) "is that her crying so loudly?" He just laughed, and nodded yes!  The nurses that day said they have never heard a baby cry as loud as you.  But from the first time I was able to hold you, it was evident that being cuddled up close to me was your favorite place to be, and that is still true to this day.  It didn't matter where we were or what we were doing, I could always get you to nap simply by laying you on my chest.  These past six years have been such a blessing to me.  If you add on the year and a half that Sumner was born, they have been the best years of my entire life.  All I ever wanted to be when I grew up was a wife and a mama.  I am living my dream, and it is better than I ever expected it to be. Anna Ruth, words just cannot describe how much I love you.  You are funny, sweet, smart, a bit bossy, prissy, loving, and so much more.  I pray that God will raise you up to do mighty things for His kingdom and His glory.  I pray you will know and understand who God is and just how much He loves you.  I pray your identity is in Him, and that you will follow Him all the days of your life.  I pray you always have faith and you always know that you can trust Him, even when you do not understand.  I love you Anna Ruth, as high as the sky and the ocean is deep, and more, and more, and more!!!!
Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment