It just does not seem possible that you are already one! This year just seemed to flash before my eyes! I feel like I just found out we were going to have you! The week before you were born we packed up everything in our house and moved out so we could add on and do some remodeling. We thought it would only take a few months to finish, but we are just not starting to slowly move things back in. Therefore, the only home you have ever known is Uncle David's mobile home that he so GRACIOUSLY has allowed us to live in this past year. That is the home we brought you to when we left the hospital. That is the home you have done all your firsts (besides walking, you did that at YaYa and Top's house)! We have made so many special memories here as a family, that honestly, I am going to have a hard time leaving.
I keep trying to figure out how this year went by so fast? I think it was just a combination of a lot of things... For one, the house! We had KNOW idea when we started what we were getting into. But thankfully the end is in sight now. Another thing is that Sumner is in real school now instead of being with Anna Ruth at Northside. Just trying to keep up with their different schedules is exhausting in itself. But as tiring as it can be, I still would not trade this busy and crazy life of mine for anything in the entire world, because of WHO I get to share it with!
Abigail, I found myself the entire week before you turned 1 thinking about what I was doing the year before. The day before your birthday I was very emotional, and even more so the day of your birthday.
You came into this world and stole all of our hearts. Your brother and sister adored you from the first time they saw you and that love has never stopped. They still run to see you first thing when they get home or wake up. Even the day before your birthday, Anna Ruth woke up and immediately said "it's Abigail's birthday tomorrow!" They are so protective of you and are always looking out for you. And the feeling is mutual because when you see them for the first time in the morning or when we pick them up from school, you laugh out loud and you can see pure joy all over your face.
From the very beginning you have been the most laid back and easiest baby. You are so happy and loveable. Now that you are walking, you come up and squeeze my legs and hug me all the time. You still do not liked to be rocked and cuddled, but you do enjoy being held as long as we keep moving. You love to see new things. You still love your bath. You love animals. Whenever you see a dog or a cat you laugh and want to pet them. You love to drink water. You love to sleep. You love playing alongside your big brother and sister. You love stuffed animals and you squeeze and love on them. You love to dance. You love to imitate people. Daddy made a strange sound at you one day to try and stop you from messing with the dishwasher... It sounded like a monster or a duck call... LOL... Anyway, a few seconds you started making the exact same sound! I don't know how you figured it out, but you did! You love playing peekaboo, creepy mouse, and ride the horsey.
We had a wonderful time celebrating your birthday. You and YaYa share the same birthday, and that is so special! That night we ate supper at Uncle David's house. He ordered pizza and we had cake and ice cream. This was your first time eating pizza, and boy did you enjoy it! You were so upset when you ate it all. You prefered the pizza over your cake. You got some money for your savings account, a special birthday knife that you can use one day as your wedding cake knife, your very first baby doll, a tea set, an interactive stuffed animal that sings and teaches you things.
The next day we had your birthday party at the Agrirama. The theme was Cabbage Patch Baby, I bet you can't guess why?!?!? You truly acted like you enjoyed yourself. You never fussed a bit, even though you missed you nap. You enjoyed walking around, watching the others play, and swinging. We had pizza again, and you loved it again! For your gifts, friends brought you cards and money for your savings account, books, a gift certificate to a baby clothing store, legos, and a puzzle. DD got you a birthday doll figurine, too. My Mee-Maw always gave me one when I was growing up, and I started passing them down to Anna Ruth. DD wanted to make sure you had birthday dolls, too, so she found a new set to start with you.
We had such a fun weekend celebrating you, Abigail. I look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with you... However, I pray they don't come as fast as this one did! :)
Dear Abigail,
Happy Birthday!!! I wish I could go back and re-live this entire year, but that would be impossible. So instead I am going to make a conscious effort to try and make this next year be less busy. I cannot wait to have tea parties together and to take you to the nail salon and do all the other girly things Anna Ruth and I enjoy doing. We are going to have so much fun! I pray you always know how loved you are, not just by me and your family, but mostly how loved you are by God! I pray you will ask him to come into your heart at a young age and follow Him all the days of your life. I love you, Abigail, as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mama








No comments:
Post a Comment