Verse

Verse

Monday, January 21, 2019

Abigail is 11 Months Old

Oh, Abigail! How is it possible that the next time I take your monthly picture, it will be because you are ONE YEAR OLD? I have never in my entire life had a year go by so fast.  I have never had such a happy year, either!  You have always been and continue to be the best baby.  Now that you are 11 months old, you are showing me and others around you how much you love us.  I hope this month goes by slloowwwllyyy because I can't help it, I don't like thinking about you being a year old already!


  • You are almost walking!  In fact, just this past week you have walked several feet independently. If your confidence was built up, I know you could do it now.  You walk all over the place barely holding on to my pinky finger.  
  • You love pushing your walking toys all over the house.  
  • You sit up in the bathtub now like a big girl.
  • You love to dance.  Anytime you hear music you start bouncing and smiling.  You like it when daddy makes a beat for you, too!
  • You love to play with pillows. We throw them on the ground and you throw yourself on them and laugh.  
  • You love hanging upside down! When I do "ride a little horsey" all you want to do is stay upside down once you "fall down." 
  • You are fascinated with the Amazon Alexa.  Every time we say "Alexa ____" you whip your head around to look at it.
  • You have strong stranger anxiety and cry when I leave you or when someone you do not know tries to hold you.  
  • You love playing with Sumner and Anna Ruth.  When they are in another room of the house you high-tail it to them so you can see what they are up to.  The feeling is mutual.  They love you to pieces!  
You have started eating food from the table this month instead of only pureed baby food. In the past few days you have even started feeding yourself small things like peas and green beans (cut into tiny pieces). 

Dear Abigail,
You are such joy! I feel so very blessed to have you as a daughter.  You just do not know how loved you are.  It is so hard to believe you are almost a year old.  You have made this past year such a happy one and I have loved each and every moment with you.  Last night you let me rock you to sleep and I did not want to put you down.  You rarely let me hold you like that because you are so active.  Whenever I get the chance, I soak it up.  I love you, Abigail, as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more!





No comments:

Post a Comment