We spent Thanksgiving at Uncle Darrel and Aunt Linda's house (Top and YaYa came, too). That night we went to the square in downtown Moultrie and watched the Christmas lights turn on (Lights, Lights on Thanksgiving Night). This is one of my most favorite holiday traditions. Abigail slept through the majority of it though.
Later that week we went to the Albany mall to ride the Christmas train and also so see all the pretty Christmas decorations.
For the next month leading up to Christmas, we did a lot of fun things. We rode around and looked at Christmas lights. The park in Tifton was our number 1 spot. We also went to Moultrie several times and played around under the canopy of lights around the square. DD's school also went all out decorating so we went to see everything there, too. I took you all to meet Santa and tell him what you wanted for Christmas. This is the very first year Anna Ruth did not cry and act crazy! Abigail was NOT a fan at all. The minute I put her in Santa's lap and she looked him in the eye, her little lip went to quivering and she lost it!
We had many different family/friend gatherings to celebrate Christmas:
- The first one was at Grandma Murphy's house. This is such a special one because it is a time where my family that I do not see often gets together. I feel so blessed to still be able to continue this tradition from my childhood with my children.
- Next we had Christmas at Uncle Dwight and Aunt Carol's house with Josh, Angel, Tyler, Avery, Chad, Hannah, Ben, and Caroline. The kids LOVE getting together and playing with everyone. Anna Ruth wore the Frozen dress Aunt Carol gave her for her birthday just about the entire time. I am pretty sure everyone left with that song stuck in their head because every time she moved it played very loud.
- Next we had Christmas with DD. We made Christmas cookies and ordered pizza. She gave y'all this cute pretend grocery store called the "Melissa and Doug Fresh Market" and she also gave each one of you a book (Sumner; Ralph and the Motorcycle. Anna Ruth; The Giving Tree. Abigail; Peek-a-boo).
- On Christmas Eve we went to the candle light service at church. Papa went with us this year. Next we went to YaYa and Top's house. That night when we got home we put out the reindeer food and Santa's milk and cookies. We also read "Twas the Night Before Christmas". This year DD brought the one my Mee-Maw and Pee-Paw gave to us when we were little. This is such a special book to me. It is by Hallmark and it is a pop-up book. What makes it even more special is that my Mee-Maw wrote a message to us on the last page.
- On Christmas Eve we also had Christmas at YaYa and Top's house. YaYa works so hard to have everything perfect and it really is such a special night. She had beautiful Christmas cookies, a delicious breakfast, fancy dishes, tasty beverages, and a picture perfect Christmas tree and mantle (with hand picked stockings for each of us).
- On Christmas Day the kids actually slept until after 7. Some of your favorites gifts were a tube for the lake, teacher stuff, games, and Abigail got a little house to play with that she absolutely loved! After we opened all the presents we drove to our house (we are still living in Uncle David's tailor while our house is being remodeled) to see what Uncle David got y'all.... The most adorable playhouse. Y'all were so excited! Papa came over around lunchtime and spent the day with us. We had the very best time playing games and all the other things you got for Christmas. I think one of the biggest gifts we give to you is the gift of staying home on Christmas day. When I was growing up we had so many places to go on Christmas, so I wasn't able to just stay home and enjoy Christmas. The entire day was rushed. I feel like the day seems to last longer by us staying home, which I love! We did go back to YaYa and Top's Christmas night and had Christmas with Grandma, Uncle Dwight and Aunt Carol,and Uncle David.
- The last Christmas gathering we had was actually after the New Year with our friends. We sort of combined it with Anna Ruth and Norah Kate's birthdays.
I am so very thankful for another Christmas with my family. I cannot believe how fast the years are flying by. I am excited to know that I get to start all over and do everything all over again with Abigail. I pray my children always know the true meaning of Christmas. I also hope that when they grow up they will remember Christmas from their childhood and smile.

















No comments:
Post a Comment