Verse

Verse

Friday, November 23, 2018

Abigail is 9 Months Old

Abigail, you celebrated two of your first holidays this past month: Halloween and Thanksgiving! You have also started speed crawling all over the place, pulling up on everything, and taking steps while holding on to someone's hands. You are the most loved little baby in the entire world. 

- Last month you were able to get all around the place by scooting backwards and rolling, now you are speed crawling and into everything. We are still not moved back into our house (which is already baby proofed from when we did it for Sumner and Anna Ruth) and I am trying to decide if I need to do it here or not.... We should be moved back in in about six weeks.  I am watching you very closely to make sure you do not get near something that could hurt you. I have also STRESSED the importance of picking up small objects to Sumner and Anna Ruth to the point they are almost paranoid about it and work VERY hard to keep anything that you could put in your mouth off of the floor.

- You love pulling up on things. The first thing you pulled up on was Sumner's Ninja Turtle suit case. You enjoyed do it so much that we left it out for you to play with. Then you started doing the same thing to objects of similar height such as your baby bag and nap nanny. Now you pull up on furniture and people.

- You are still the happiest and easiest baby.  You love  to play "copy cat" (you make a sound, I make a sound), clap and make the sound "aaayyyeeee" aka "yay", chewing on things (your favorite thing to chew on are the corner pieces of the alphabet rug I bought you- you tear them off the squares the minute I put you down), bouncing, being held while we dance around and sing, and playing with Sumner and Anna Ruth, teething wafers (I keep those everywhere). You still love mirrors and taking a bath!

- You dislike getting into your car seat (this just started- I think it is time to get you a bigger one), when your food and milk is taken away, loud/sudden sounds, a crowd of people you do not recognize, and textures of food (you still eat strictly pureed food because whenever I give you anything more solid you gag, even if it is a food you normally like.

- Your sleeping routing is still pretty much the same as it has been for a while; you sleep from 7-7:30, you take two long naps a day, plus a cat nap in the late afternoon/early evening. You drink 7 oz every 4 hours and eat baby food in between.

- You were such a trooper for Halloween, and the cutest Cabbage Patch baby ever (if I do say so myself)! We had Sumner's Halloween party at school where they trick-or-treated around the school and you took a nap in the stroller. That night we went to a trunk-or- treat at our church and you really seemed to enjoy yourself there, too! You wore your wig all night long and never fussed which I thought was amazing. I almost did not even buy it because I figured I would be wasting my money because I did not think you would keep it on. Sumner went as a "builder" because that is his hobby these days and Anna Ruth went as Rapunzel because she loves that movie.  This is the first princess movie she has every liked so it was a fitting costume for her. 

- We put up the Christmas trees last week and so far you really have not made a big deal about them. I put all the breakable ornaments towards the middle and top just in case. 

- We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We went to my Aunt Linda and Uncle Darrel's house.  I grew up going here every year.  Ever since I met daddy, we alternated between going to daddy's Nana's house.  She passed away  the summer before you were born so we have just gone to Aunt Linda's the past two years. That night we went to the square to see the lights turn on which is also a tradition for our family.  You were pooped, and pretty much slept the 2.5 hours we were there.  You did wake up as we were getting ready to leave and I loved watching you take in all the lights.

- I feel like you are going to be a daddy's girl, of course you are a mama's girl, too :) ! Bur you do seem to have a huge early connection with him that Sumner and Anna Ruth did not seem to have at such a young age. When you hear his voice you stretch your neck trying to find him. When he comes home from work you grin so big and laugh out loud with excitement! I cannot wait to see this bond grow over years!














Dear Abigail,
I have mixed emotions about the holiday season being here. In one way, I am so thankful to have you here with us this year. On the other hand, I feel sad because it is all happening so fast. I feel like I blinked and you were 9 months old. I still remember so many things about the holidays last year when I was pregnant with you. It really is crazy how fast time flies. I guess you will see that one day when you are a mama and you have a family of your own.  It is hard to understand now how my heart ever felt full without you in my life. You are just such a wonderful blessing and I cannot believe how lucky I am to be your mama, along with Sumner and Anna Ruth. When I was a little girl all I wanted to be when I grew up was a mama!  I just had no idea then how much joy I could feel once that dream came true! I love you sweet girl, as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment