Verse

Verse

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Abigail is 10 Months Old

I cannot believe my BABY is now in the double digits!  How did that happen so fast? I feel like you are supposed to still be a tiny little newborn.  Instead you are crawling around and pulling up on everything. You are still as loved and adored by your big brother and sister as the day we brought you home! Every morning they come into our room, crawl into your crib, and play with you.  Sumner gets upset on the days he doesn't get to see you as much (because of school) and tells Anna Ruth to let him play with you since she has gotten to all day.  Everywhere we go, everyone stops me so they can take a look at you. Everyone tell me you look just like a baby doll!  One day at my dermatologist appointment I had to wear the gown so the doctor could look me over for any suspicious moles and the nurse came back into my room three times bringing along with her at least 2 people at a time just so they could see you.  Here are a few other things about the ten month old YOU! :)


  • You weigh about 20 pounds.
  • You still sleep in our room in your crib with the sound machine and Zipadee Zip.
  • You love cell phones. Not the pretend ones, it has to be real.  When you see one laying around accidentally, your eyes light up and you make a bee-line. When I take it away, you fuss!
  • You say bye and blow kisses.
  • You still don't like to eat food from the table, but you have started eating puffs and grits/eggs.  When we go to a restaurant the minute the food comes you start squealing and if we don't feed you, you start crying. I have learned to go ahead and have something ready for you when our food is about to arrive. 
  • You are getting to where you don't like your car seat. I think we are about ready for a bigger one.  The only hesitation I have is that you DO like it when you are sleepy.  If we are out to eat and sleepy, the only way you will sleep is if I lay you down with my phone app playing the rain sound.  I  thought about leaving the carrier car seat in the trunk for times like that and letting you ride in a bigger one... Maybe after Christmas...
  • You have celebrated your first Thanksgiving. Your 9 month birthday was actually on Thanksgiving day. We went to Uncle Darrel and Aunt Linda's house in Moultrie.  That night we went to the square to see the Christmas Lights turn on. You slept through the whole thing.
  • You have also celebrated Christmas this past month (not actually Christmas day, but several events leading up to Christmas).  We went back to the square and let Sumner and Anna Ruth play under the lights.  We have gone riding several times to look at Christmas lights. You have also gone to Anna Ruth's Christmas program and party.  
  • You visited Santa and were not impressed.  The minute I put you in his lap and you turned to look at him, your little lip went to quivering and you let out the biggest cry ever!
  • We celebrated Anna Ruth's birthday by going to Baby Land General Hospital for the Cabbage Patch babies.  We brought your costume from Halloween and you blended right in!
  • Your hair is so very long!  If I do not put a bow in it, you look like you have a mop on your head and you cannot see your eyes.
  • You wear 9-12 month clothes and size 1 shoes.
  • You wake us up every morning by standing in your crib and peaking your eyes through the rails at us.  The end of your crib comes up to my side of the bed so I open my eyes to your eyes and smiling face every morning and I love it! When you see my eyes open and you realize I am looking back at you, you get so excited and laugh out loud from excitement. 
Dear Sweet Abigail,
Why are you growing up so fast? If only I could go back in time and re-live all of this.  Lately I find myself reminiscing about what "we" were doing this time last year (when I was still pregnant with you). Out of all my pregnancies, I really soaked up the joy of pregnancy with you. I guess since I was a little older (and hopefully wiser) with you and because I now know first hand how fast time passes, I just felt much more sentimental and cherished every day.  I know we have lots of great times ahead and that is what I have to remind myself  when I start getting sad about my baby growing out of the baby stage. I love you, Abigail, as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more! You are so precious! 
Love,
Mama















No comments:

Post a Comment