Verse

Verse

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Abigail is 8 Months Old

     These monthly posts just keep coming faster and faster! You're hair is growing wilder than ever, and you are so very active.  You're first tooth is starting to come through (5 months older than your siblings).  You are crawling backwards, scooting forwards, and rolling faster and faster each day.  You still love mirrors, animals, and Roomba! Most importantly, you are loved and adored by your mama, daddy, Sissy, Bubba, and so many more!

- You have got to be the smartest baby around because your sister loves to sit you in line with all her teddy bears and stuffed animals and "teach" to you!
- You started sitting in a high chair and the front of the grocery cart this month.
- We had a play date and you really enjoyed sitting with the big girls and playing, too!
- This month you went to Rutland Farms, Mark's Melon Patch (for Anna Ruth's school field trip), and Wild Adventures (your second time).
- I know I mentioned this earlier, but you are crawling backwards, and taking a few crawls forward before flopping your knees down and army crawling. You can spin yourself around in less than a second and roll and scoot yourself just about anywhere you want to go.
- You are still so observant (like Sumner as a baby). When you are somewhere new or a busy place, your eyes get so wide as you move your neck from side to side to see everything.
- You are eating baby food a lot better.  You like just about everything I have given to you. You do not like food unless it is 100% pureed. When I try giving you a green bean or something like that that is I mashed you almost throw up from gagging. You love the teething crackers, too!
- If we are eating you better believe you have to be eating too... It does not matter than you just got finished eating either... You know when we are eating, that is for SURE!
- You love drinking water! One day I noticed you doing your best to snatch a bottle from my hand acting as if you were about to thirst to death. I did not have your sippy cup so I poured a tiny bit of water into a small cup and let you drink and you gulped it down and cried for more. I did this about 6-8 times. When it was all said and done you probably had about 5 oz like that. Another time we were somewhere and you acted thirsty and all I had was one of Anna Ruth's sippy cups with a straw.  I didn't think you would be able to do it, but I was wrong. It took you a few seconds but perpetually you worked at it long enough that you were able to figure it out.  So now I have a sippy cup with a straw for you.
-You soak me and the entire bathroom when I give you a bath! You have some powerful legs and you LOVE TO splash!
-You are a little entertainer already! You love to make people laugh and you really recognize when you are doing it!
- You play peak-a-boo on your own.  At first I thought it was a coincidence when you held your shirt up over your face before slinging it down quickly. But after several times I realized you were doing it intentionally. Now you do it all the time with your shirt, blanket, bib, or napkin.
- You do not like being alone for even a second, unless you are sleeping!
- Your first word was "mama!"

Dear Abigail,
Words just cannot describe how much I love you and how special you are to me. You are just such a blessing and I couldn't possibly love you more.  I love hearing your make sweet sounds at night while you sleep and I love hearing you wake up so joyfully each morning. I love the way you smile so big your eyes close when you see me.  I love to hear you laugh. I love to watch your eyes stare in wonder at things you have never seen before. Even as I type this I have tears in my eyes because I just feel like I do not deserve a gift as wonderful as you, Sumner, and Anna Ruth. I am not perfect, but I promise you that I try my very best to be the best mama I possibly can be to you three.  I pray to God every single day asking for guidance.  I also pray every single day for all of your salvation.  If you do not learn anything else from me, I pray you will learn about HIM! 
I love you sweet baby! As high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more...
Love, Mama!
















No comments:

Post a Comment