Verse

Verse

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Anna Ruth Turns Four

Tuesday, December 19th we celebrated Anna Ruth turning four years old.  It is hard to put it into words how I felt about her birthday this year... But I will try....

When Sumner turned four it was hard because to me, four was a milestone of growing out of the "baby" stage and moving into a "big kid."  However, the age really fit his personality because he has always been so independent and seemed so much older.  He has a very "wise" personality and thinks more on the level of an old man than a little boy.

Anna Ruth, on the other hand, is still my baby.  She still likes to be held and carried. She is still such a mama's girl so it is hard to picture her as a four year old.  When I say it, it just doesn't seem possible.  She is my baby! So, it has been very hard to accept she is turning four!

A few nights before her birthday, we were laying together in her bed and we were talking about her upcoming birthday.  I started getting sad and tears filled my eyes.  The next thing I knew, she was tearing up too and she told me the sweetest/cutest thing... She said "mama, lets not talk about that anymore." I asked "talk about what?" She replied "about me being four because it makes everybody so sad!"  Then she went on to tell me she never wanted to get married because she wanted to live with me forever!!! She is the sweetest thing!

Anna Ruth is a typical girl, and already has the concept of birthWEEK down pat! It may even be birthMONTH! She has been talking about her birthday and reminding everyone about her birthday for several days (weeks possibly)!

We celebrated her birthday by decorating the house before she woke up.  We had Krispy Kreme doughnuts for breakfast (with candles on the doughnut), went to Wendy's for lunch (Papa came to eat lunch because he had to work that night), and ate supper at our house (Walter, DD, Uncle David, Top, and YaYa came) and we had a little birthday celebration. I asked her earlier in the week what she wanted to eat, and she told me fried chicken and peas, so that is what we had!

She got a Barbie camper, a baby boy doll (Ella's brother), a baking set, a microphone, puzzles, a new cup, and real high heels,  Papa gave her a pretty cross shaped necklace when he came for lunch, too.

The sweetest gift of all was from Sumner.  Completely on his own, he went to your room and got a few of your favorite toys and wrapped them up.  Not only did he wrap them up, he put them all together in a gift bag, then wrapped the gift bag with wrapping paper.  To top it all of he made you a card all by himself and taped it on the outside of the package.


Anna Ruth's birthday party was on December 30th at Tift Gymnastics Academy. She had a Princess Themed party and it fit her to a T. She had the best time with all of her friends and family.  She wore her princess costume for part of the party and a princess dress the other part of the time.  Everything turned out perfect! 

A few things about Anna Ruth:
- She is a mama's girl and I love it.  There is no way I could ever feel unloved as long as Anna Ruth is around.  She loves spending time with me.  We enjoy cuddling, holding hands, giving hugs and kisses, and telling each other how much we love each other!
- She is very confident (sometimes a little bossy).
- She loves Sumner, and will defend him against others haha!
- She loves getting her nails done.
- She loves getting my phone and looking through pictures and videos I have taken.  We have to watch her because if we didn't she would be addicted to the phone.
- She LOVES puzzles and is very good at them.
- She still loves Ella (her baby doll) and does such a good job taking care of her. I hear her telling Ella things that she has heard me say to her.  It gives me hope that at least she is hearing what I say even if she does not always obey herself haha!
- She loves dancing and singing
- At her four year old wellness visit she was in the 40th percentile for weight and 10th percentile for height.

Dear Anna Ruth,
We had a great time celebrating your birthday! You are loved more than you could ever know.  I thank God for you every single day and pray for his hand of protection to always be on you.  I cannot wait to spend another year watching you grow.  I just hope the upcoming year does not pass as quickly!
I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mama































No comments:

Post a Comment