Verse

Verse

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Ella's Mommy

            Anna Ruth has really become obsessed with her baby doll, Ella over the past few months.  She takes her everywhere.  She even sleeps with her.  When she goes to school, she asks me to bring Ella with me when I pick her up.  If Matthew’s daddy or Matthew picks her up, she asks for them to take Ella with them to pick her up.  One day Matthew’s daddy picked her up and she begged him to come by our house to get Ella before going back to play at his house because “Ella misses her mama!”  When we go to restaurants, Ella has a seat, too.  When we were at the beach, Anna Ruth (and Ella) slept in the bed with us.  One night she woke up in the middle of the night and realized Ella wasn’t right beside her and she started freaking out asking where Ella went.  She truly thinks about her 24/7… Here are a few examples of what a wonderful mommy she is:
·         She talks to her in baby talk. 
·         She wipes her nose.
·          She cleans her face after she (pretend) feeds her.
·         She gives her water to drink from her cup. 
·         She reads books to her. 
·         She sings to her.
·          She claps her hands together before picking her up (the way adults do when they are trying to get a baby to come to them.) 
·         She bounces her while she is holding her. 
·         She does “troddy horsey” with her which is girly version of “ride the little horsey down to town.”
·         She shhhh-es her when she is “upset.”
·          She swaddles her in a blanket when she gets “cold.” 
·         She tells everyone she sees “I’m Ella’s mommy.”

I love how sweet she is with this little baby doll! I jokingly tell people Ella is my third child because she is always with us!  What I love most about the little “relationship” Anna Ruth and Ella have is that no one has purposefully taught her how to take care of Ella.  It is just a natural motherly instinct that God gives females and it is evident at the age of 2.  God is so good and I am thankful I am Anna Ruth’s mommy like she is Ella’s mommy!


Grocery shopping with Ella

Bowling with Ella


Ella got a new dress

No comments:

Post a Comment