Verse

Verse

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Sumner is in Pre-K and Anna Ruth goes, too! :)

How is it possible you are already big enough to be in preschool?  I still cannot wrap my mind around the reality of it all. 

You're first day was August 10,2016.  You're attending Northside Baptist Church.  You love it there and so do I.  I especially love how you are learning about Jesus!

You're first friend (and to date, best friend), Atalee is in your class.  You are so happy about that!  She was in the parking lot this morning as we pulled in, so y'all walked in together holding hands.  I am glad because before we pulled up you complained about your tummy hurting, and I think that was because you were nervous.  Once you saw Atalee, no more tummy aches.

When I picked you up, your teacher said you had a great day.  She also commented on what a smart boy you are.  I am so glad you had a great day!


Anna Ruth goes, too! :)

Last year, Sumner went to 3-K a few days a week.  All I heard from Anna Ruth after we dropped him off each day was how she wanted to go to school.  So this year, she is going 2-3 days a week.  I am NOT thinking of it as school, because my mind can't handle it (one starting is enough-Anna Ruth still has to be my baby!) So instead, I am just thinking of it as a place for her to play a few hours a week so I can work uninterrupted. 

Anna Ruth, you have been excited about "school" all summer.  Last  night you were truly so excited you could hardly sleep.  You woke up earlier than usual this morning ready to go.

We dropped Sumner off at his classroom first.  He was a little hesitant and needed a little encouragement to go inside.  You on the other hand walked in and never turned back!  It made my heart happy to see how confident and excited you were.

When I picked you up you were all smiles and ready to go back!  One of the first things you asked me when we got in the car was "what we eating?" You were hungry! When we got home I fixed you a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, green beans, and apple sauce.  You gobbled it up and then asked for blueberries.  After lunch you were ready for a nap.  You slept, and slept, and slept~ I bet you slept for 3.5 hours!  You had a big day!



















No comments:

Post a Comment