Life has been great and busy the last few months. The kids are doing new and funny things each day so I wanted be sure to write them down so I wouldn't forget this stage in their beautiful lives.
I saw a picture from Christmas and I cannot believe how much y'all have changed in 5 short months. I don't even realize it because I see you each day and the changes happen so slowly.... Seeing those pictures is just another reminder how fast y'all are growing...
Anna Ruth you are so "grown-y!" You have confidence and tend to be a little bossy. So far I haven't seen you being bossy in a mean or ugly way; just very assertive. It doesn't matter where you are, you take charge and seem to run the show. For examples: Telling everyone what to do at Sumner's school trike-a-thon, telling the big kids at the park not to climb up the slide, telling the students in DD's school to "sit down" "stop talking!"
And speaking of Anna Ruth, you love the idea of "school!" We've been to several events at Sumner's school lately and you have loved it. You want to carry your book bag and lunch box with you when we go. Because you love it so much we signed you up to go 2-3 days next year, too. To show how much you love school, I told you that you couldn't go to school next year if you didn't stop tee-teeing in your panties... You kind of had a small set back after our beach trip and nothing seemed to get through to you until I told you that. I could just about see the wheels turning when I told you that, and ever since, you have been accident free! :)
We said good-bye to your paci about 1 1/2 months ago. Up until then you only had it in your crib, but you were pretty attached to it and depended on it for sleep... When we decided to attempt taking it away, I really thought it was going to be a battle. To my surprise, it was so easy! We just explained you were a big girl and only babies needed a paci. The only difference I found after taking it away is that you stay up longer once we put you to bed than you use to.
Sumner finished his 3-K! I am so glad we made the decision to let you go a few days a week. You matured so much and truly developed a love for school. I am so thankful your first experience with school was a good one. You are already looking forward to next year.
Sumner also finished t-ball. You loved it! I don't know if you were just more mature now than you were when you played soccer, but you seemed to stay focused more with t-ball, and seemed to enjoy it more. You had your own personal cheering squad at EVERY game and PRACTICE (Daddy, Mama, Sissy, DD, Walter, Top, and Yaya!) You are such a lucky little boy to have so many people who love you more than life itself!
We have sort of evolved into a new bedtime routine. It's not much different that it was before. Every night after y'all have eaten supper, taken a bath, and brushed your teeth we go to Sumner's room and read three books (Sumner picks one, Anna Ruth picks one, and a Bible story.) After we read, we all kneal down beside Sumner's bed and each one of us says a prayer. First we say "Now I lay me" together, then I say a prayer, then daddy, then Sumner, and lastly Anna Ruth.) Sumner, you are really getting very detailed with your prayers and I love seeing the relationship between you and God grow. After our prayers both of you suddenly decide you are thirsty.... So, we go to the kitchen for a glass of water. Then, Daddy lays in bed with Sumner and I go to Anna Ruth's room and put her to sleep. I hold you and sing to you and tell you how much I love her before laying you down. I am a little embarrassed to admit the rest, but I'm just going to tell truth about what goes on next. Originally, you started asking for me to lay "beside my bed." I guess this is because you know we lay with Sumner and since you are still in a crib we can't do that (or so I thought... Keep reading) So, I lay beside your bed (on the floor) and hold you hand. When I'm done and tell you good night you say "one more time" I do it one-more-time! I'm not sure when this started but at some point you decided laying beside your bed wasn't good enough and started asking me to lay inside your bed, too. So, now after laying beside your bed I lay inside your bed. Again, you always ask for "one more time..." Once I am finally done and begin to walk out you start asking a million questions (yes! I am being played!) It starts out by you saying "I need to tell you something!!!" When I ask what, you ask the strangest things (Where is Maggie Claire? Where is Mollie? Where are those chips?)
After I leave Anna Ruth's room I go to Sumner's room and lay down with him for a few minutes. He, too, always asks for "one more time!" I love laying with you and talking about everything under the sun. Some of our best conversations happen during this time. Right before I leave each night we tell each other "I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more. I love you to the moon and back (and that's a long, long, long way.) I love you to Pluto and back (and Pluto is a little planet.) Then, you ask me to show you with my arms how much I love you, and then you do the same. We use to argue about who loved who the most, but recently you decided (in your own words) "I love you as much as you love me, so we love each other the same.) You usually have a few off the wall questions as I am trying to walk out, too.... Daddy fusses and says I need to make y'all go to sleep because y'all are "playing me" and I know he is right, but I do not care. Any other time of the day I try to make sure y'all listen and obey. We both work very hard to teach you to be respectful and mind. But nighttime is such a special time, and I just cannot rush because I know this stage will be over far to soon, so in the meantime, I enjoy it!
The two of you are best friends. I absolutely love watching y'all play! A new thing y'all started is every time we drive up a hill or a bridge y'all say "hold your hands up" and act like y'all are on a roller coaster. Another thing y'all do in the car is argue about what side the road things are on... For example "The fire station is gonna be on my side" and the other gets mad and says "Well it will be on my side when we come back by!
We added two new kittens to the family. I never would have guessed how much both of y'all would have loved them. Y'all think about them first thing every morning. Y'all both talk to them in "baby talk", hold them like babies, and sing them songs and lullabies. Sumner named his kitten Sweetie and Anna Ruth named hers Phoebe (don't ask.... It's random, but you came up with it!)
Well, that's all I can think of right now! Summer is just beginning so I know a lot memories are about to be made and I cannot wait! I cannot believe Sumner will be FOUR in just a few weeks and Anna Ruth is almost 2 1/2. TIME SLOW DOWN! :)
Dear Sumner and Anna Ruth,
Y'all make life interesting, there is no doubt! I just cannot remember life without you and I love you so much! I love being able to spend so much time with you. I pray that we will always have a close relationship! I hope when you read these one day that you will know how loved you are and how much fun we always had together! I love you both as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mama













No comments:
Post a Comment