Just like that; Sumner is four! I know I sound like a broken
record, but it really seems like yesterday you were born. I mean, yesterday! I remember you being so
tiny, helpless, observant, and all the emotions it felt to become a
parent. I have enjoyed the past four
years more than I could ever explain.
Where to I begin to describe what you are like now?
- · You are incredibly smart. You can count as high as you want to go. You count by 10’s as high as you want. You count by 2’s for a while. You can add and subtract. You can sound out many words to read them and spell them. You can memorize entire stories.
- · You have a wonderful imagination and a vision for creating things out of nothing. Examples: Turning everything into a pivot (the rods in Anna Ruth’s closet connected to microphone, water hoses and pool noodles, the 4-wheeler charger, tee, and turning the switch “on” in the dining room.) Turning furniture into shelters to park things. Drawing. Building with blocks. Toilet paper rolls= hay bales.
- · You have a really good memory. You remember details from a year and a half ago (and you were only 2!)
- · You love to help in any way. You help me with chores around the house (cooking, folding towels and wash cloths.) You help daddy and Top with everything they work on. DD had to get a new pool liner and you told her you would bring your toolbox to her house and help her fix it.
- · You know farm, car, and machinery terminology (probably more than many grown men and definitely more than me!)
- · You say the sweetest prayers at night (thank you for mama and daddy- thank you for giving mama and daddy to me a Sissy so they can hug us, play with us, take us places, rock us, read us stories, lay down with us, and spank us when we don’t mind. Thank you for ___,___, ___, _____ {you name just about every single person you know as well as their mommies and daddies} and for their house and for their car. Thank you for sending Jesus to die for our sins so we can all go to heaven. Thank you for my toys. Thank you for DD’s swimming pool.)
- · You love Paw Patrol (hint the Paw Patrol Party) You like to pretend to be Ryder and you like for Sissy and I to pretend to be the pups so we can save the day on many adventures!
- · You are a happy little boy, and pretty much love life and everything about it. You like playing with kids your age, but you have one friend that is very special to you (Atalee.) When you are with her your face brightens up.
- · You dress yourself now and are becoming very independent.
- · You are a stickler for perfection and detail and can get pretty upset with things don’t work out just as you envisioned it (or when Sissy gets in the way.)
- · You love to sing songs. Some new ones you recently learned are “Blessed Assurance”, “Amazing Grace”, “Nothing but the Blood of Jesus”.
- · You will be going to Pre-K next year at Northside Church. It is half a day. I am just not ready to send you to public school just yet… You are excited!
Your Birthday
I was gone on your birthday this year and it broke my heart!
I made it home about 6:30 that night and we celebrated. The reason I wasn’t there was because I had
to go to Atlanta for mandatory meetings.
DD stayed with you and along with Daddy, Yaya, and Top, made your day
extra special! Everything was about you!
When asked where you wanted to eat lunch, you stated “Wendy’s!”
Apparently you really grew a lot during the night when you
turned four. You showed everyone how you
could run faster and jump higher now that you were four!
When I got home we ate pizza, opened presents, and ate
cupcakes. Your gifts included a few Paw
Patrol toys and a huge blow up pool/slide (a combined gift from all of us.) You couldn’t wait to get in!
Your Paw Patrol Paw-ty!
You told me a long time ago that you wanted your party to be
at the YMCA pool. Then about 2 months
ago you discovered Paw Patrol so it was fitting to decorate using a Paw Patrol
theme. You loved all of the
decorations. You were amazed by the cake
and just stared at it for the longest time in amazement. You had a great turn out and enjoyed swimming
with all of your friends! I think
everyone had a blast!
Dear Sumner,
You tell me all the
time how much you love me, and how you promise to love me forever. You recently told me you would take care of
me when you became a grown up the way I take care of you now. It was so sweet hearing the sincerity and
compassion in your sweet voice. I pray
that you will always feel that way and that we will always have a close relationship. I also pray that you will always have a close
relationship with Anna Ruth. The bond between you now is very special and I
hope it never fades. But most
importantly, I pray you stay in the center of the perfect will God has planned
for you. If I teach you nothing else, I
hope you learn that there is no place safer to be than in His perfect
will. He knows what we need more than we
do, so trusting in Him is so important.
Looking at you now as a four year old, I just know God has something
incredibly special planned for you and I cannot wait to see what it is.
I love you, Sumner.
More than you will ever know. I love you
as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more! Happy
Birthday!
Love, Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment