Verse

Verse

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Funny and Sweet Sayings by my Sweet Children

I wish I had started this a long time ago, but the idea just occurred to me!  I am going to use this post as an ongoing list to include all of the cute things you say.  I never want to forget the innocence and humor you have as babies/children.  My hope is to one day look back on this list and have memories flood my mind.


January 2019 (first Disney trip): A few funny things from today...
1) Sumner: "I really like Disney World because you don't have to pay for anything. It's free!" (He's confused about the arm bands for sure! LOL)
2) Anna Ruth scared to death meeting Cinderella's step-mother and step-sisters: " They are going to be mean because I think they'll think I really am Cinderella!"

January 2018: Sumner's prayers "please help mama not go get the stomach vita-mous since she has Abigail and doesn't need to get sick."

December 2017: Anna Ruth has her first crush on a little boy in Sumner's class, Silas.  She named her baby doll Silas and told me I should have named Sumner Silas...

April, 2017: We're talking about adding on to our house so we had a house designer come to draw plans. Anna Ruth knew someone was coming so she told Matthew's parents when they picked her up from school "we added up our house." She was disappointed when she came home to find we hadn't "added up our house" yet.


April, 2016: Another favorite quote from Sumner "That's a good idea!" He says this when he wants to do something that I normally wouldn't allow.  But he describes his plan in such great detail and ends with, that's a great idea!" Super cute!!

April, 2016: Sumner's favorite sayings are "You didn't know that?" and he says it in a slow, slow, southern voice.  Today I was straightening up the house and put up one of Anna Ruth's toys that I thought she was done with.  She looked at me and said no, mommy, I'm still playing with that.  You didn't know that?" and she said it in the same, slow, southern tone as Sumner. It cracked me up! I didn't know that I didn't know so much!

April, 2016: Anna Ruth is so funny! Her new favorite word is "cuz" aka because. When she says it, she basically repeats herself over and over just so she can say "cuz." Tonight after I put her to bed she started crying and calling for me. When I got to her room I asked her what was the matter. She replied "Cuz I needed to tell you 'sumthin'. I called you 'cuz' I wanted to call you 'cuz' I wanted you to hold me. That's why." I bet she says "cuz" 100 times a day!

April, 2016: The sincerity and innocence of a child is a beautiful thing. During our prayers Sumner asked "Dear Lord, please let me, mama, daddy, and Sissy... And all the people I love, go to heaven at the same time so we won't have to miss each other." He is such a precious little boy and I love him so very much

February, 2016: Golden Girls was on TV and Anna Ruth pointed to it and said "There's Nana!" You would have to know Nana to see the humor!

February, 2016: This morning I overheard the following conversation:
Sumner: Sissy, you're aggravating me. Stop aggravating me, please.
Anna Ruth- continues to "aggravate " him.
Sumner: If you don't stop aggravating me, I won't play with you anymore. Do you want that?
Anna Ruth: No!
Sumner: OK, then. You better stop then!


February, 2016: Sumner has been procrastinating bedtime.  Every night he adds something more and more at the end of our "goodnights" to each other.  On this particular night he said the following in one breath without pausing for a break "I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more.  I love you to the moon and back. I love you to Pluto and back and Pluto is a real planet and that's a long, long, long way.  Oh, yeah, and 1+1=2" I could barley keep myself from laughing out loud!

January, 2016: Anna Ruth woke up and this is what I heard; "Jesus loves me this I know. Twinkle twinkle little star. Baba black sheep. Mama! Mommy! Amanda!!!!

January, 2016: This morning I asked Sumner to bring me something and naturally I said "Sumner will you bring me...." He said "but I'm a doctor. Why did you call me Sumner?" I said "excuse me, Dr. Palmer, will you get bring me ..." His reply "yeah, that's my name."

January, 2016: Sumner told his Sunday School class he was having a baby brother or sister and asked everyone to pray for the baby. Unless Sumner knows something I don't, he isn't getting a new brother or sister in the next 9 months.

December, 2015: Anna Ruth doesn't like Santa this year.  We were somewhere that had a Santa and she reached up wanting me to hold her.  When I picked her up she said "He scares me!"

December, 2015: Sumner asked who/what the snowman was on the old fashioned Rudolph movie this morning. I told him he is the one that tells the story. "He said but that's not nice, mama." I wasn't sure what he meant until I finally understood he thought "telling a story" meant lying.

December, 2015: I took Anna Ruth to the doctor today. Afterwards we stopped by to see Matthew Palmer at work. He asked her if she had been to the doctor and what the doctor said. Her reply (while pointing her finger) " no more monkeys jumping on the bed!"

December, 2015:  Sumner and I were talking about who he played with at school. He named two of the boys that he mentions on a regular basis and then he said "and I can't forget about Sophia! She's not the Sophia on TV though!" 

November, 2015:  Sumner sat on Santa's lap today and told him he wanted a slide like the one at the lake and a baby doll for Sissy!

November, 2015: Anna Ruth randomly counted to 15.  I was shocked and jokingly asked "Anna Ruth, I didn't know you could count to 15! How did you learn to do that?" Sumner listening nearby replied "I taught Sissy how to do that, mama! I taught her!"

July, 2015: I debated on whether or not to include this, but I decided it had to be done.... Anna Ruth has been having bad diapers (due to teething.) As I was changing her diaper, Sumner walked up to us and said "Sissy's poo-poo is green! I think Sissy must of ate peas!" I laughed and laughed and said under my breath "I'm going to have to write that one down" and he said "yeah, you are going to have to write that down! :) Sorry Anna Ruth! I hope this doesn't upset you too much!!!!

June, 2015: I was trying to teach Sumner his address, and was talking to him about the city and state he lived in.  After rehearsing it several times, and I thought he had it down, I asked one last time... I asked "Sumner, what state do you live in?" his reply, "State? Umm... Steak and Shake!

June, 2015: Sumner: "Sissy's 'real' name is Anna Ruth Charles Palmer"

March 2015: We just returned home from Mollie Roberts' birthday party.  At the party, all of the children painted bird houses.  When we got home Sumner excitedly got his bird house out of the car, put in on the ground, and yelled as loudly as he could "come here birds, we have you a house, its time to come home now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment