Verse

Verse

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Anna Ruth Turns Two!

Anna Ruth turned two today! I can't believe two years has gone by so fast!  We celebrated her day by having lunch at Dairy  Queen (her choice) and coming back to our house for a family birthday party.  She opened her presents and ate cake before crashing for a nap!

For her birthday we all pitched in to get her a Barbie Jeep.  She also got a few puzzles, a birthday angel (that was given to me from my grandmother), a Minnie Mouse doll, and a Minnie Mouse remote car.

She loved her all of her gifts and picked up on how to drive her Barbie Jeep fast!  She and Sumner had the best time driving around in the yard.


Her birthday party will be in two weeks (January 2nd) at Dream It Gymnastics.  She is having a Minnie Mouse themed party (her choice), so we still have birthday fin to look forward to!

What is Anna Ruth up to now?
-When asked how old she is; she replies 2 weeks old!  (She remembers me telling her two weeks ago that her birthday would be in two week.)
-She is a melting pot of personality.  She likes dolls, make-up, purses, high heels, cute clothes.  On the other hand she also loves tractors, trucks, playing in the sand box, and anything else her brother does.  She can be the sweetest little angel one minute and a feisty little diva the next,  She stands her own when it comes to her brother or any other child for that matter.
- I hear "No, Bubba" about 100 times a day!
-She loves putting on outfits and looking at herself in the mirror.  She says "Aww-weee!"
-She has the cutest expressions and sayings.  One of my favorites is the many ways she answers "yes" to something.  It can be a slow "yeessss" or a slow "yeeeppp", "yeah",  and anything in between.
-She loves brushing her teeth and gets upset when you won't let her do it herself.
-She loves to he held and rocked.  At two, she is still a hip baby!
-She loves looking at books but isn't patient enough to let you read them to her.
-She is a whiz at a cell phone.  She knows how to get to the things she likes and loves taking pictures and videos.  She says "say cheese!"
-Favorite Phrase: "Mama, Look!"
-She is a climber and a dare devil!  I can't take my eyes off of her!
-She and Sumner love to give each other "big hugs" over and over again!
-She is a MAMA'S GIRL! I love it!  Even though she is two, she still acts like a baby in the way of needing me, and I love it.  I would be really devastated if she were two acting independent like Sumner when he turned two.
-She loves to sing.  She sings all day long.  She wakes up singing or saying "Mama, hold me" every morning.
-Favorite songs: Wheels on the Bus, Jesus Loves Me, Ba Ba Black Sheep, This Little Light of Mine, Deep and Wide, The Devil is A Sly Old Fox, ABC's, Happy Birthday song.
-She knows her alphabet.  She counts to 15.  She knows her shapes.  She knows her colors.
-She loves attention! Whenever she does anything she looks around to see who is watching, and then begins clapping and saying yay!!!
-  She loves bacon, raisins, apple sauce, chips, french fries, apples, spaghetti, meat loaf, FRESH cream corn, cheerios, poptarts.
-She is stubborn! If she thinks something, there is basically no way of convincing her otherwise.
-She copies, learns from, and loves everything Sumner!
-She takes one nap a day (at least 2 hours long)
-She wakes up around 7:00 AM and goes to bed at 7:30 PM.
-She loves her paci.  However, she only gets it when she is in her crib.
-She was 26 pounds.

Dear Anna Ruth,

Oh my goodness, I love you so much!!!! I'm really not sure how it is possible that my baby is two years old. Where does the time go? I thought when Sumner was born, I would never be able to love another child as much as I loved him. Little did I know my heart would literally be able to double in size. Anna Ruth, you have added so much joy to my life and I thank God for allowing me to be heyour mama! I pray that you wiill grow up to love and serve God with your whole heart, follow in His perfect will, and that you and I will always have a close relationship. Happy Birthday, Anna Ruth! You are loved more than you will ever know!
I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mama






















No comments:

Post a Comment