Out of no where it seems like you transitioned from a baby/toddler to an independent little boy. I can count on you to do little things around the house to help me out. You let me know if Anna Ruth is into anything she shouldn't be into (but not in a tattletale kind of way; it's more like a protective kind of way.) You are able to do things with Top, Daddy, and I without it being like we are having to "watch you." It's more like you are just one of us. You can completely dress and undress yourself from head to toe without any help. When you use the bathroom now, you no longer sit on the potty; instead you stand like a "big boy."
As far as naps go; you have so much energy it is hard for you to be still enough to go to sleep on your own (despite how tired you are) so I have started laying down with you for about fifteen minutes during his naps. Otherwise you would wiggle and squirm around and never go to sleep. Occasionally you put your arm around me and hug me tight as you drift off to sleep.
You love to sing and aren't shy at all. The children at church have been singing on Sundays and you love it. You even likes to grab the mic and sing solos.
You are very sensitive to medicine. The smallest and simplest thing can change your behavior so much. For example, you came down with a sinus infection and had a terrible cough so the doctor started you on an antibiotic and cough medicine. After a few days you was so irritable. You would pitch the worse fits (which is very rare for you), cry over the silliest things, and had terrible separation anxiety from me. Once you came off the medicine you immediately went back to the easy going Sumner we are all use to.
You love books and your bedtime routine is basically the same now as it was 2 years ago. After supper you get a bath, put on your pjs, dry your hair and brush your hair, read books, say prayers, rock and sing, and I tuck you in. Before I leave the room we tell each other " I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more. I love you to the moon and back." And you always explain "that's a long way, mama!"
You weigh 34 pounds. You wears size 3T clothes and size 8.5 shoes.
Dear Sumner,
You have no idea how much you are loved. Not only be me; but by your grandparents, aunts and uncles, teachers, church members, and the list goes on and on. You just have this special personality that stands out in a crowd, and that draws people to you. You have the greatest imagination. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for your life. I promise, you will go far and be everything you want to be as long as you put your faith and hope in Jesus. I pray he will match the desires of your heart to the will he has for your life. I love you, Sumner, as high as the sky and the ocean is deep, and more and more, and more!
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment