We have had a fun month! We went to Pine Mountain with our good friends Will, Liz, and Fletcher Daughtrey. We also went to Rutland Farms Fall Festival down the road from our house. Another fun thing we did was spend a Saturday working with Matthew while he scouted. We stopped at one of Uncle Thomas and Uncle Steve's fields so Sumner could ride the cotton picker and peanut picker. Anna Ruth was scared so she wouldn't get on. Sumner liked the cotton picker more than the peanut picker because he said the peanut picker was too bumpy, haha (He bumped his head during the ride!)
There aren't too many changes this month, so I will just remark on some of my thoughts about the two of you at this age. Both of you amaze me every day! I cannot believe how quickly you learn and pick up new things.
There aren't too many changes this month, so I will just remark on some of my thoughts about the two of you at this age. Both of you amaze me every day! I cannot believe how quickly you learn and pick up new things.
- Anna Ruth, you are so observant, spunky, stubborn (in the cutest little way), and a touch bossy! You learn so much by watching Sumner. You are talking up a storm and say phrases all the time and I don't know where you learned them. You do not like strangers, especially strange men. You will stop dead in your tracks if you see a man you do not know approaching. Especially is he has facial hair! The ones that look like Santa are the worse! You love to sings song (favorite ABC's and The Wheels on the Bus"), read books, play in your kitchen, play with your baby dolls, play beauty shop, play Legos, and play hide and seek, You love to be rocked (and I love rocking you!) You tell me randomly throughout the day "Mama, rock!" I love Monday's with you because Sumner goes to school and spends the afternoons with Top so you and I get to spend a lot of special quality time together! You like having my undivided attention, but you also miss Sumner. I know this because you ask about him and get very excited when he comes home! You are such a mommy's girl, and I pray it stays that way!
- Sumner, you are the smartest three year old I have ever met. I know I am your mama, but I PROMISE that is not why I am saying it. Everyone you meet talks about how smart you are. Not only are you smart when it comes to letters and numbers and "school type" things; but you are also so creative and capable of designing things and seeing things at such an advance level. Your understanding of numbers is amazing. You are doing games DD teaches her first grade students. You are able to spell words just by sounding them out. You have memorized your phone number, address, DD's phone number, and Daddy's phone number. The list of things you know just goes on and on and on. But what is even more impressive is how well-rounded you are. Your interests and hobbies extend to so many different things like Mickey Mouse, working in the yard, fixing things, trucks, boats, tractors, letters, numbers, soccer, baseball, and the lists goes on and on! I truly believe God has given you many special gifts and my prayer is that you use the gifts to further his kingdom by following his will.
Dear Sumner and Anna Ruth,
Have I told you before that I feel so incredibly blessed to be your mama? God has truly given me more than I deserve and I give him all the glory for every single gift. I pray that I teach you to love and serve him with your whole heart, too! I have had such a fun month with you and I cannot wait for the next few months because we are going to make many more memories with the holidays approaching. I hope you never forget how loved and special you are. I hope that one day you can look back on these monthly updates I write and smile knowing how much fun we had!
I love you both as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!!!!
Love,
Mama
















No comments:
Post a Comment