Verse

Verse

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Anna Ruth 19 Months and Sumner 3 Years and 1 month

We are having so much fun this summer! I cannot believe it is going by so fast! Here are a few things the two of you have been up to the past few weeks!

  • You are both doing great with your swimming lessons.  You should be finished next week!  Sumner you are a little fish.  You swim for hours at DD's pool without floaties.  You are getting so brave and love jumping off the side.  Anna Ruth, you are doing great, too! I decided to get in the pool with you this past week during our lessons, and your swimming/floating improved tremendously! I should have done it a LONG time ago. I guess you just felt more comfortable and relaxed knowing I was with you in the water.  You are such a good floater.  You aren't as fond of swimming as Sumner, YET, but you are a good sport!!!! 
    18 Month Floater
  • Sumner, you are now sleeping in a big boy bed!  You still are not crazy about it and you tell me every night that you do not like your new bed and you want your old bed.  It hasn't been the easiest transition, but on the bright side, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be.  You have fallen off three times so far.  We ordered some rails and they should be here any day now.  There have been several nights when you woke up crying so I come to bed and sleep with you. One thing that I miss now that you are not in your crib is holding your hand "3 times" before I leave.  For some reason you don't need that anymore now that you are not in a crib.  We still read books, say our prayers, sing, and rock before bed each night.  I absolutely cherish our bedtime routine!
    First night in his big boy bed!

    First night in his big boy bed!

    The next morning!

    The next morning!

    The next morning
  • Anna Ruth, you have loved books for a long time.  However, up until recently you have not been patient enough to sit through an entire book being read to you.  Thankfully, this has changed, and you sit with me and let me read not only one, but sometimes two books to you!  In the car, you and Sumner both love to look through books while riding!
  • Each month the two of you interact and play with each other more and more. When Sumner was 18-19 months old, he never really "played" with children.  It was more like a parallel play.  I don't know if it is because y'all are siblings or what, but you two truly play.  I love watching and hearing your conversations! Every day I hear "Sissy, you wanna go play ____ with me?" and if Anna Ruth says yes, all is good.  However, sometimes she says no and I hear "Mama, sissy won't come play with me!"

  • I was beginning to think you were going to be a tomboy, Anna Ruth because all you see and hear about are tractors, trains, backhoes, pivots, trucks, bulldozers.  You have even started being on a lookout for pivots everywhere we go.  When you see one you say "Mama! Look! Pivot!!" and you take your fingers and pretend to be spraying like a pivot by making a "sh, sh, sh" sound. On any given day you walk into a room with a tractor in one hand and a hammer in the other! But over the past few weeks your girly side has started to emerge.  You love playing with my bracelets and putting on my shoes.  In fact, you love shoes in general.  I put a pair on you that you haven't worn in a few months.  You must have thought they were new because you got so excited! You kept looking at them and kicking your feet.  You also went around to everyone and said "Look! Look! Shoes!" You have also started playing with your baby dolls.  It amazes me how you rock them, feed them, and take care of them so naturally.  You love pushing them in your shopping cart or a little doll stroller.  
  • Both of you discovered your love for Legos, especially Sumner.  We have built so many things from towers, to repair shops, to fence posts, and more!
  • Sumner, you are going through a few new stanges....  You are beginning to act very clingy, which is not normal for you.  If I walk out of a room without you realizing it, you freak out until you find me.  I mean, real tears and horror in your eyes! Once you find me you tell me "I missed you, though.  I was scared when I couldn't find you.  It hurt my feelings." Whenever I leave and I tell you bye you say "I will miss you, though...." Speaking of which; you have become so affectionate!  I bet you randomly tell me 15 times a day that you love me and kiss me or hug me out of the blue.  You have started asking to sit in my lap to watch TV or just to be held in general.  This is SUCH a big deal because you have never been much of a "snuggler" so I am eating it up and thanking God for such a sweet and loving little boy!
  • Anna Ruth you are talking up a storm!  You basically repeat everything and put words together to form your own sentences. 
  • Anna Ruth, you give Sumner's things to him and say "Bubba's" and then point to something of yours and say "Mines" haha! It is so cute!
  • Sumner, you have the most amazing memory!  I could go on and on about how you impress and shock me each and every day.  One instance that sticks out in my mind is the light bulb story.  We ate at BBQ Pit in Moultrie two weeks ago and there was a light bulb out in one of the fixtures at the table next to us.  You asked why it wasn't working so we had a discussion about why it wasn't on that night, and I never thought anything else about it.  Well we went back to BBQ Pit a few nights ago.  Halfway through our meal you looked up and pointed to the light fixture and said "mama, its not broke no more." I didn't know what you were talking about and so you told me again.  I finally realized you were talking about the new light bulb.  I do not know what in the world made you think of that or how in the world you remembered, but you did.  You do stuff like that all the time.  One day we were talking about different shapes and I randomly said that an octagon has 8 sides.  A few days later you saw one and told YaYa that an octagon has 8 sides.  She couldn't believe it, and I couldn't believe that you remembered either.  I decided then  that I should try teaching you about the sides of other shapes.  So now you know how many sides pretty much every shape has just by memory!
  • Anna Ruth, you watch and study every single thing Sumner does.  This has spilled over to the potty as well.  This past week you told me without any soliciting that you needed to go potty.  Every time I take you, you go (#1 & #2)  This is by no means consistent because I haven't truly started potty training yet.  Since you are showing so much interest I will probably try soon.  My great grandmother swore by the Almanac, so that is how my grandmother and mother did things, too! Well, I am following the tradition!  The Almanac says the end of the month is a good time to start, so we shall see....
  • Anna Ruth, you must be growing like  a weed! We go for your 18 month check-up (a little late) later this week.  I cannot wait to see how much you have changed.  You are climbing and opening doors!

Busted!


I am sure I am forgetting something, but that is an overview of what we have been up to lately!  I am excited to see what God has in store for us next month! 

Dear Sumner and Anna Ruth, 
I pray for you two constantly.  I pray for your health.  I pray for your happiness.  I pray that your daddy and I will have receptive and obedient hearts when it comes to raising you.  I pray for your salvation.  I pray for your future friends.  I pray for your future spouses.  And here lately, I have also been praying for your relationship with each other.  As I said earlier, you two are just the best of friends and I love seeing your bond grow.  I pray that God will protect the bond between the two of you, and that you will always love each other and always take care of one another.  
I hope you always know how much you are loved and how incredibly special you are.  I love you both as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment