Verse

Verse

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Anna Ruth 18 Months and Sumner 3 Years

Sumner and Anna Ruth, you are both enjoying summer.  You love the fact that you have my undivided attention since I am not having to work.  You also love that DD is off for summer break, therefore you get to spend a lot of time with her, too!

We have been having a lot of fun! You both just started ISR Swimming lessons which are survival swimming lessons.  Neither of you liked it at first, but Sumner, you are really beginning to enjoy it.  Anna Ruth, you would like it, but you just do not like the fact that you have to spend 10 minutes away from me.  :) You are both doing great and I cannot wait to see the outcome when the program is complete!

Your schedule hasn't changed very much.  Sumner, you are still waking up earlier than Anna Ruth.  Now that the sun is rising earlier, so do you! Most days you wake up at 7 AM.  Anna Ruth, you tend to sleep until 8-8:30 most mornings. 

Since we have been very active doing fun things and visiting exciting places, Anna Ruth's morning nap has diminished.  When we are home all day, you will easily want to take a nap around 10 AM.  Regardless, both of you take a 2 hour nap around 2:00 PM each day.

Bedtime routine is still dinner, bath, brush teeth, read books, say prayers and for Sumner... sing songs, rock, go to bed but not without holding hands, blowing kisses, and several "I love you's." Anna Ruth, you are not patient enough to sit through many books, but there are several board books you like.  You do not liked to be rocked.  After we say your prayers you immediately turn for a kiss and point to your bed.  Once you are in your bed you find all 4 of your pacis.  One goes straight in your mouth, then one in each hand, and an extra one just in case!

Anna Ruth, as of two months ago you only had two teeth.  Bless your heart, now you have eight! You have handled it very well.

Sumner and Anna Ruth, I love seeing your relationship grow. Of course there are times when you "argue" but for the most part you both get along so great.  Sumner, I can really tell how sensitive and compassionate you are because when Anna Ruth does something and is about to get in trouble, you say, "Mama, I think Sissy said she's sorry.  Yep, she said "I'm sorry, mama!" You do not like to see her get in trouble and I think that is so sweet.

We went with Daddy to Orlando for a conference this month.  It wasn't a great trip because Anna Ruth was sick the entire time.  We made the best of it though, and regardless of the circumstances, we enjoyed being together.  Sumner's "home-body" personality trait really came out on the trip.  He said "I want to go back home", "I miss my house", "I don't like this place" at least 100 times.  You were both so happy to wake up in your own beds when we got home.

Sumner, you are still sleeping in your crib.  We have tried getting you to sleep in the twin bed in your
room, but it scares you. You tell us how you like your bed and don't want to sleep anywhere else.  This is true, though.... You don't even like sleeping in the bed with us when we ask you to.  But daddy is planning on taking your crib apart soon, and we will somehow make the transition easy for you... I hope! :)

We are having such a blast.  Some of our favorite places to go this summer are Wild Adventures, the YMCA pool, DD's pool, and DQ.  Summer's now are better than ever and I cannot wait to spend more time together and make more memories!

Dear Sumner and Anna Ruth,
At the end of every day I doubt myself and wonder if I did everything possible to make you feel loved.  I hope and pray that you always know how important, special, and loved you are.  You both make me so proud, and I thank GOD everyday for allowing me to be your mama.  There is NOTHING in this world that makes me happier than to spend time with our family. 
I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!!!!!!
Love,
Mama






No comments:

Post a Comment