I love how some of the simplest of days can turn out to be the most special. That is exactly how yesterday was for us. We had one of the best days together that I decided I needed to write about it so I can look back on it years from now and smile.
I really cannot say what made it special; it just was. For starters, daddy was off from work. The past couple of months his scouting work has been very busy, so he has had to work all day on Saturdays. Things are beginning to slow down some, and that means more family time!
Both of you had a stomach bug, or either you ate something that didn't agree with you, so we were forced to stay home the entire day (which turned out to be a blessing.) Originally we planned to go to the swimming pool.
We spent the day playing, playing, playing. The house was an absolute wreck by the end of the day because we played with every toy in the house. Sumner taught Anna Ruth how to put together puzzles. Now she is a puzzle master. We had a tea party, sang songs, and read books. The weather was perfect. A small cool front lowered the temperature and there was a nice breeze. We rode the Intimidator, you both rode on Sumner's gator, we played on the swing set, and in the sandbox.
I actually do not have a single picture to commemorate the day because I just wanted to truly enjoy our time together with out the interruption of a phone or camera.
I cannot express enough how much I love the four of us being together. I also want you two to know how lucky you are to have your daddy. Not many men get down in the floor to play, have tickle fights and tea parties, and love spending time with their children the way he does. He and I both love you so much and I pray we get to spend a million + more days together JUST LIKE THIS ONE!
I love you both as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
No comments:
Post a Comment