Sumner turned 3 years old June 8, 2015 at 4:35 PM. Despite being sick with a sinus infection and running a fever of 102 +, you had a good birthday. You are very tough! Even with the highest of fevers, you kept going hard!
On your birthday we made cupcakes, played hide and seek, put together puzzles, ate lunch at your favorite place "DQ." We also had a small family birthday party for that night.
We waited until after dinner to open presents (torture I know), and it about drove him crazy! You kept asking everyone if we were done eating yet.
For your birthday, you got a sandbox!!! Unfortunately, it wasn't completely done in time for your birthday. Daddy still has to level it out, fill it with sand, and make the cover. You had fun jumping in and out of it anyway, though! You also got a "backhoe" to dig with in your sandbox, a tractor, a tent, and a few puzzles.
You stayed up very late. When daddy went in to check on you before he went to bed he said you were snoring so loudly he could hear you through the walls! You played hard!
Your "choo-choo" party is still several days away. I am praying you are 100% better for your party!
Dear Sumner,
I cannot believe you are already three years old! I will always relive the day you were born, and the days immediately before and after. Although I am INCREDIBLY THANKFUL for another year of watching you grow, I don't think the emotional aspect of you growing up so fast will ever get easier! On June 8, 2012 I truly became a new person. When I compare myself to the person I was then, I realize I changed so much in such a short amount of time. My priorities changed,and so did the way I view the world.. I am so thankful to you (and Anna Ruth) for making me a better version of myself. I love being your mommy more than life itself!
I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!!!
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment