When I look back over the past two months, I feel amazed because you have both grown and learned new things. I feel so blessed to be your mama and get to spend so much time witnessing these changes, and getting to teach you things. One of the best feelings in the world is watching you learn something new.
Over the past two months we visited two places for the first time; Cheehaw Park (a zoo in Albany) and Wild Adventures (a theme park in Valdosta.) We also celebrated Easter.
Here is a little breakdown of each of you that I have noticed over the past two months.
Anna Ruth:
- Since I had to be gone for two weeks for testings, Mimi (Ms. Joan Ziegler who kept Sumner before I started working from home), helped a lot. Mimi said the first day she came, Anna Ruth was still asleep. When you woke up and Mimi walked to into your room to see you, you looked at her and immediately fell down and buried your face into the bed. She said you did this several times as if you were saying "maybe if I play like I am asleep, she will go away...." hahahaha! Thankfully, you warmed up to her quickly!
-You are still a mama's girl, and I love it! I pray we always have a very close relationship! You are so sweet. You love giving hugs and blowing kisses!
- You love tickling other peoples' feet. When you notice someone does not have on shoes, you tickle their toes and say "tickle, tickle,tickle" in a sweet, high pitched voice. You also like for people to tickle you... Especially your daddy. You will pretend to tickle yourself and ask him to "tickle, tickle?"
-You love feeding the fish. You think you are just as big as Sumner so you try to help him open/shut the bucket, scoop the food out (even though the bucket is bigger than you), and throw the fish food into the pond. Unfortunately, we have to keep a close eye on you because you also like to eat the fish food...
-Your favorite song is "Devil is a sly old fox, if I could catch him I'd put him in a box. I'd lock the box and lose the key, for all those tricks he's played on me. Glad I got converted. Glad I got converted, Glad I got converted. By trusting in the Lord." You do all the hand motions as well as clap and hum along. You usually ask/gesture for us to sing it to you without being prompted. After we sing it once, you want to sing it another 100 times. If we change songs and sing something else, you get upset.
- You are so prissy! You love talking on the phone (real or pretend), wearing my bracelets, and carrying around a purse (or anything that resembles a purse.)
-You love to rock in your little rocking chair (that once belonged to DD.) One day I asked you if you wanted to go rock (meaning me rock you in the rocking chair) and you said "yes!", but then took off down the hall to your room. When I went in there you were rocking your doll in your little rocking chair.
-You love books. Even though you aren't patient enough to let us read long books to you, you still love getting them off the shelf in Sumner's room, and flipping through them. You say "books, books, books!"
- Your big brother sure does love you. He gets so excited when he sees you learn new things. He will say "Sissy can do ___, Sissy learned that!" He also likes to teach you. Lately I have heard him telling you "Sissy, say ___" and then you repeat it and he claps! The first time he did it he told me "Mama, mama! Sissy can talk! I taught Sissy to talk!"
- Apparently, I say "ok" a lot at the end of my sentences. For instance " Anna Ruth, I need you to sit here, please? Ok?" The reason I know I must say this a lot is because now I am more aware because you respond back with "ok!" And if I say it about something you're not "ok" with you will shake your head and say "naaawww!" It is so cute!
-You loved Wild Adventures. The only part you didn't like was when you couldn't ride a ride because you were too little!
- Your very first hair cut was on 5/13/15 and was done by Ashley Eure. It was more like a good trim. Of course I want it to grow out, so she just shaped it up for you! You were not scared at all!
- Your very first hair cut was on 5/13/15 and was done by Ashley Eure. It was more like a good trim. Of course I want it to grow out, so she just shaped it up for you! You were not scared at all!
Sumner:
-Sumner, you were sick during Easter. You had to do breathing treatments for the first time. The breathing treatments really cleared up your bad cough, but between the treatments and the oral steroids, you were one hyper/ill little boy! Your daddy and I were happy when those came to an end!
- You say the cutest and sweetest things. One day while we were out fishing, we let one of the fish go. You asked why we were doing that, and we told you it needed to go back home. You said "the fish needs to go home and see its mama! It's mama cooked him supper." I asked you what the mama fish cooked, and you said "fish sticks!" Another night you did something that wasn't very nice, so I put my face in my hands and pretended to cry. You ran up and gave me the sweetest hug and said "I'm sorry mama, don't cry! Please don't cry, mama." The tenderness and compassion in your voice is something I will never forget. you
- I always tell " I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!" Well one day, out of the blue, you told me the exact same thing! I am pretty sure I cried (tears of joy, of course!)
-You LOVE puzzles. It amazes me at how well you can figure them out... you can even do the more difficult jigsaw puzzles all by yourself. One day while I was giving the Georgia Milestones test, you had put together four of your puzzles. Mimi said that they were sitting next to each other in the living room, and the next thing she knew they had disappeared. We looked all over for those puzzles for over a week. One day I was cleaning, and I noticed a lump under the rug where the coffee table was. I pulled back the rug (which was about 3 ft in the middle) and found all four puzzles. From then on I started watching you when you finished one. Every time you completed a new one you would shove it under the rug as far as you possibly could. I asked you why you were doing that and your reply was "because.... because I just do!" By the way, you ask "why" about 100 times a day! You are the most inquisitive little boy I have ever seen. And the reply "just because" doesn't work when someone tells it to you. However, that can be your excuse anytime haha!
- In the first part of April, you decided you could use the potty unassisted. It all started while you were spending the moring with Top (Poppie.) He said the two of you were playing together in the floor in the living room and you jumped up and ran down the hall. He got up to follow after you and you asked him to stay in the living room because you wanted to go by yourself. He thought you were just going to the other room to get toys. Well, you came back into the living room and told him you had used the potty all by yourself. He wasn't sure if you knew what you were talking about, so he went to the bathroom and could tell you actually had done it all by yourself. I have no idea what inspired you to do that all by yourself. You have been potty trained for almost a year now, but we always help you take your pants off and sit on the potty. When Top brought you home, he asked when you started going by yourself. I told him I didn't know anything about it! Well as soon as we came in, you told me you needed to go use the bathroom, so I started to go with you. You immediately informed me that "I can do it all by myself. Stay right there mommy. I do it by myself!" I watched, and sure enough you did everything right! I was so proud of your independence, but sad you didn't need me any more!
- Another new potty training skill you have accomplished is not having accidents at night. Even though you have been 100% potty trained since you turned two, you still were not able to hold it at night. All on your own, with no prompting from us, you just did it! We were so proud of you!
- You love to learn, which makes teaching you so easy! You have learned how to count to 30 independently, count to 50 with prompting, count backwards from 10, count by 10's to 100, your vowels (and you will tell me vowels are special because they make 2 sounds), many sight words, you can spell your name (as well as many other words and names), you can also say your birth date.
-You love to sing. As if your bedtime routine was not long enough (which I do not mind AT ALL, because it is SUCH a special time for just the two of us), we added singing. So now each night we read three books, say prayers, sing songs, and rock. Your favorite is still "Deep and Wide" but "The Boat is Gently Rocking" is pretty high on the list, too! You made me make up songs to sing... For example "Shapes." You also make up your own songs, too. My favorite is one you made up about you and your daddy cutting down trees and putting them in the trash pile! You are so funny!
- You LOVED Wild Adventures. Your favorite ride was the "Frog Hopper." You rode it at least 10 times! You liked Cheehaw Park, too! Your favorite thing at Cheehaw Park was the train ride!
As you can see, you have both changed, grown, and learned so much over the past two month. I have loved every single minute. I am looking forward to having a lot of fun with you this summer!
Dear Sumner and Anna Ruth,
I love you both so much, You make being a mommy such a pleasure. You both made my dreams came true the day you came into this world. I pray you always know how special and loved you are. I also pray that you always remain close as you grow older. It brings me so much joy to see and hear you playing together. Always remember, I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep, and more and more and more!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment