Anna Ruth changes so much each day. Over the past month she has learned how to walk, and I mean really walk! She has also learned how to yell "mmmmaaaaammmmaaa!" when she wants my attention, and has discovered how to stand on her toes to open the entertainment center doors. She and Sumner have a love/hate relashioship. There are times when they truly enjoy playing together. Those times are incredibly special. I love hearing them laugh at each other and take turns giving the other one kisses. They especially like playing together when we are driving. I do not know what they are laughing about, but they both get their giggle box turned over just by looking at each other. However, there are other times when they do not play so nice. This usually happens when Sumner pushes her down, gets in her way when she is walking, or takes toys away from her. Anna Ruth doesn't stand for it! Haha! She will squeal and babble something to him as if she is giving him a piece of her mind and look at me as if to say "what are you going to do about this, mama?" Matthew and I already predict drama in her future! She does have a tendency to exaggerate things at times. For instance, if Sumner ACCIDENTLY knocks her down (sometimes it isn't an accident, but sometimes it is), and I know she isn't hurt, I tell Anna Ruth "you're ok, you're ok", and go on as if nothing happened. If I make a big deal about it, she goes on and on. But, when I act like it isn't a big deal, she hushes immediately and goes on about her business as if nothing happened! She is so funny!
What else is Anna Ruth up to?
- She wears size 4 diapers
- She still does not have any teeth. I think one may be trying to come through on the bottom.
- She had her first real fever this month. She had a sinus infection- her temperature went up to 103. 7. Sumner was also sick with a sinus infection causing his temperature to reach 104.7. It was a very scary time. We made two trips to the doctor and make frequent trips to the chiropractor.
- The time change has caused Anna Ruth to go to sleep at 6:30 pm. I know! It is crazy! Honestly, she would probably go to sleep earlier. As soon as the sun starts to go down, she is ready for bed. Thankfully, she still sleeps until 7 am.
- She loves to eat. She pretty much eats anything. I also gave her a little milk this month, just to see how she liked it, and she loved it. I don't think it will be hard to switch her over when she turns a year old.
- She weighs 20 lbs.
- Sumner is his daddy's mini-me! From all the stories I have heard, Sumner is just like Matthew was when he was little
- His new favorite thing to play with is his tools. Whenever anything breaks, he gets his toolbox and attempts to fix it!
- He loves to pull things and hook things together. He hooks all his tractors together. He hooks his lawn mower up behind his cozy coupe car. Basically, anything that can be pulled, will be pulled!
- He likes to help with everything. Better yet, he wants to do everything himself. Vacuum, sweep, make the bed, take out the trash, open the door, get in the bathtub, etc...
- His cousin gave him a wallet a few months ago, and he has just now started playing with it. He puts it in his back pocket, gets his grocery cart, and goes shopping! If he doesn't have a pocket he makes me put it inside his pants waist. When he shops, he pretends to pull thing off the shelf (pop tarts and popcorn are his two favorite imaginary items.) Once he has finished shopping he pushes his buggy to the coffee table and unloads his pretend groceries. Then, he gets out his wallet and pays for his items. He has two $1 bills and a few quarters in his wallet. It is SO funny!
- He loves to play hide and seek. All day he runs away and tells me he is going to hide and wants me to go find him. When it is his turn to count, he peeks! Haha! He also steals my good hiding places.
Dear Sumner and Anna Ruth,
I love you two so very much! We have had such a good month. With Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner, we have a lot to look forward to. This year is going to be so much fun since both of you are so active and lively. I cannot wait for us to decorate for Christmas, drive around looking at the pretty lights, and spending time together as a family. I can honestly say, your daddy and I are the happiest when we are all together. We both love you more than you will ever know!
I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mama







No comments:
Post a Comment