Verse

Verse

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Anna Ruth is 10 Months Old

Anna Ruth has made it to the double digits! :) Time is passing so quickly.  Even though I wish it would slow down, I am loving every minute of  watching her grow.  I have said it before, and I will say it again, she is the sweetest little girl I have ever known.  The older she gets, the sweeter she gets too!  She has an adorable little personality that makes it impossible not to have a grin on your face after being in her presence for 1 second!  I love her so much and cannot imagine what life was like without her!

Fall is in the air, and with it comes lots of activities!  This past month we went to the Perry Fair, the Expo, and to Rutland's Fall Festival.  We had so much fun!

What is Anna Ruth like these days?

  • Size 9-12 month clothes
  • Size 3 diapers
  • Size 1 shoe (and they are still a little big.) She has the tiniest little foot.  I really think some newborns have feet the same size as her.  It makes sense though because I have very small feet, too.
  • She takes about four 7oz bottles every day: after breakfast, after lunch, late afternoon, and bedtime.
  • She loves food.  Matthew says she is a bottomless pit. He took her out to eat last week and told me she ate what would be equivalent to a can of green beans, fruit, her baby food, and crackers. We usually feed her first, and then we eat.  That isn't working out anymore because after she eats, she wants our food too! 
  • She loves attention/praise! The first time she ever stood up by herself without pulling up and without holding on to anything, we all clapped for her.  Well that ruined her! Now every single time she stands up, she looks around and makes eye contact with everyone in the room to make sure everyone is clapping for her! And of course, she claps for herself as well! :)
  • She loves giving and receiving kisses.  She has also learned how to blow kisses!
  • She isn't technically walking.  However, she has taken steps independently.   She has let go of the coffee table or our hands and walked six or so steps several times without any help.  Once she realizes what she is doing she sits down!  I know it won't be long and she will be everywhere.
  • She loves her soft baby doll.  Every time she gets her hands on it she squeals, gives it a big hug, and rocks it! :) So sweet!
What is Sumner like these days?

  • Sumner has turned into Mommy's backseat driver.  He watches for red lights, green lights, and stop signs and tells me "Stop! Mama, stop!" and "Go, go go!" He gets very upset when I turn right on red because he thinks I should STOP or when I yield at left on green because he thinks I should GO!
  • He loves letters.  He loves singing his Abc's and finding letters everywhere he goes.
  • His name is "Bubba.  Not Sumner. Bubba!" and those are his exact words!
  • He loves playing hide and seek and being tickled.  Matthew taught him to do the time out sign and now when Matthew tickles him, Sumner yells "time out daddy" and does his hands! 
  • Matthew bought Sumner a pair of Georgia boots as well as a new belt.  Sumner thinks he is so cool in his new attire.  I have to admit, he does look pretty cute!
  • We bought Sumner a new hat at the Expo and he wants to wear it everywhere.
Our family truly is blessed.  I thank God everyday for blessing our children with loving grandparents (as well as other relatives.) We love every second we get to spend together! 

Dear Sumner and Anna Ruth,
I love you SO much! Words just cannot describe how much joy you bring to my life.  I am so thankful God chose me to be your mama.  I pray every night that the two of you grow up to accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior and follow him all the days of your life.  I also pray for God's guidance is raising you. Your daddy and I try to do our best, but without God's direction, we would be lost.  
I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!!!!
Love.
Mama







No comments:

Post a Comment