Verse

Verse

Sunday, September 28, 2014

St. Simons Island~ September 2014~ Anna Ruth's First Beach Trip


Not including the lake, Anna Ruth went on her first vacation this weekend.  It was also her first time to the beach (Sumner’s second time.) I loved seeing how excited Sumner was this time and I also loved how much Anna Ruth loved putting her toes in the ocean and playing in the sand.

I think Sumner’s favorite part of all was ringing the doorbell to our condo and pressing the elevator buttons.  He really loved the beach too.  I was surprised he knew what the beach really was (just by talking to him) but he did.  The first time I asked him if he was ready to go to the beach he ran to get his shovel and bucket and repeated “beach, beach, beach!” I don’t know if I have ever seen him be so excited!

 I love spending time with my family.  It doesn’t matter where we are, just as long as we are together.  But this weekend was extremely special, and I will remember it forever.  I cannot wait to go on many more vacations together!

Date: September 25-29, 2014

Who went: Mommy, Daddy, Sissy, Bubba, YaYa, Poppie, Walter, and DD

What we did: Daddy, DD, and Walter came Friday (26th) but the rest of us arrived Thursday.  When we got to our condo (YaYa, Poppie, Mama, Sissy, and Bubba), we unpacked, looked at the ocean from our balcony, and went grocery shopping.  Daddy got there early Friday morning (he had a meeting in Gainesville the night before) and we went to the beach and pool for the day.  That night we got ready and went out to dinner.  DD and Walter didn’t get to the beach until after we got back from dinner.  The next day, we went into town and ate breakfast.  We also visited the stores, went to the Lighthouse, walked on the pier, and played on the playground.  That night we ate dinner.  Anna Ruth wasn’t in the best mood because she hadn’t napped well.  Mommy, daddy, and DD had to take turns eating/walking Sissy around. The next morning was sad because it was “going home day” so we packed everything in the car and headed to the village.  We went on a very nice trolley tour ride of the island.  To my surprise, both babies enjoyed it! After our tour we visited a few more shops, played on the playground, and ate lunch. We headed home about 3:00.  

Where we ate: Crab Trap, Palmers, CJ’s Pizza, Palm Coast

What a great little vacation! I LOVE St. Simons because it is close to home, family oriented and full of history! I am already ready to go back to do more touring!









 

No comments:

Post a Comment