Verse

Verse

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Anna Ruth is 9 Months Old

Matthew and I had a very hard time drawing a number 6 on Anna Ruth’s chalkboard for her monthly picture 3 months ago, and now here we are again about to draw an upside down 6.  How did three months go by so fast? I know I say this every month, but TIME NEEDS TO SLOW DOWN! I feel like I am losing my “baby” because she is doing something new each and every day.  It is so apparent she is leaving the baby stage and moving into the toddler stage. Maybe one reason I am more emotional about having her leave the baby stage is because there isn't another baby on the way like there was when Sumner was 9 months old.  Don’t misunderstand, Matthew and I do want another baby, but not right away.  So right now, I get kind of sad thinking in a few months, we won’t have a “baby” anymore… 

Anna Ruth just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter! Everyone in our family loves how loving and cuddly she is. In fact, when Matthew and I say our prayers together at night, we always thank God for giving her such a sweet spirit, and ask him to continue to let that trait grow.  
Not only is she a sweet baby, but she is also a happy baby.  She seriously smiles 24/7.  She loves seeing a camera because she knows when it is out, people are about to start showering her with attention and she gets to smile and smile and smile.

I just cannot believe how much she has changed over the past few months. Word just cannot describe how much I love her and how thankful I am to be her mama! Here are a few of the things she has been up to lately.

• She loves to wave.  She started out just waving when someone would wave to her and she would copy them.  Next, she began waving when she heard someone say the word “hey” or “bye.” Now, she waves when someone comes into sight and she waves goodbye when she thinks someone is about to leave.  
• She eats everything we do.  She loves to eat!  I cannot even tell you what her favorite food is because she likes it all.
• She is on the move! She cruises from place to place by holding on to things.  She has learned how to push her walking.   toy around the house.  She has taken a few baby steps by herself, but nothing major.  
• She said “Bubba” a few times aka Sumner.
• She likes to climb on things.  I put her Nap Nanny away a few months ago because she kept rolling out of it.  I think I am going to get it back out because she likes crawling on top of Sumner’s, which gets him upset because it’s “his!”  
• She is starting to give Sumner a piece of her mind… in baby talk that is! In the past, she didn’t get upset when Sumner took things from her.  In the past week, this has changed.  Whenever he takes things she squeals and turns red!  
• She is still sleeping through the night, taking 2 naps a day, eats three meals a day, as well as 4 (7 oz) bottles.  She wakes up around 7:30 am and goes to bed around 7:30 pm. 
• She loves animals.  Anytime she sees a dog (especially Champ or Penny) she giggles and tied to get them.
• Anna Ruth’s favorite things are: her bottle, her baby doll, playing with Sumner, being held, chewing on her baby photo album I keep in her diaper bag, her pacifier, taking a bath.
Sumner

Sumner

Sumner continues to shine with his fun loving spirit.  He is so smart and so funny.  I love his personality and I love watching how much he loves life.  He is so special to me and I thank God so much for giving him to me!

• Sumner started going to Sunday School, Children’s Church, and Awana.  
• He still has separation issues (mild) when he doesn't know where I am at or if I leave him.
• One cute thing he has started saying is “time out” when Matthew tickles him.
• He is learning his numbers and letters.  He likes singing his ABC’s.  His favorite is 8 and his favorite letter is H.  
• He is such a big helper.  He loves to help me doing everything.  Even if it is something he cannot do himself, I let him pretend to do it.  
• Sumner’s favorite things are dirt, dump trucks, tractors, pop tarts, and playing in puddles and sprinklers. He also loves “Sissy” very much, even though he may not show it sometimes! 


Dear Sumner and Anna Ruth,
I love you both more than you will ever know! One of the greatest blessings I have ever been given is the opportunity to work from home so I can spend so much time with the two of you. I love every minute of our life together.  I pray that God will continue to bless our family, and that the two of you will always know how loved you are!  
I love you as high as the sky and the ocean is deep and more and more and more!
Love,
Mama










No comments:

Post a Comment